Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 11-10-2003, 02:22 PM
On Vacation

I e-mailed the guy to ask him a few questions. His e-mail address is: Purepontiac@cs.com and he's from Lawrenceburg, TN

The first question was who built it? He answered "I did".

Second question was did you own or do you own a shop? His answer was "I used to own my own business and will be getting rid of all my extra motors and parts as I am only going to keep 2 race cars and this was a spare."

I asked him for his name and the name if his shop and his response was "Why do you need another shortblock if you already have one?"

Something is fishy here people.......... I'm staying away.

You tell 'em I'm comin' and Hell's comin' with me, ya hear? Hell's comin' with me!

Old 11-10-2003, 02:22 PM
On Vacation

I e-mailed the guy to ask him a few questions. His e-mail address is: Purepontiac@cs.com and he's from Lawrenceburg, TN

The first question was who built it? He answered "I did".

Second question was did you own or do you own a shop? His answer was "I used to own my own business and will be getting rid of all my extra motors and parts as I am only going to keep 2 race cars and this was a spare."

I asked him for his name and the name if his shop and his response was "Why do you need another shortblock if you already have one?"

Something is fishy here people.......... I'm staying away.

You tell 'em I'm comin' and Hell's comin' with me, ya hear? Hell's comin' with me!

Old 11-11-2003, 12:03 PM
On Vacation

Definitely him, but he's calling himself Larry Anderson now. These are his last few e-mails to me.

"Name is listed with the item. Had more than one as it was a spare for one of my cars.
you have failed to answer any of questions also, so good luck."

"cant you read the name under the picture of the item? just like yours ad.
had a gentleman call me earlier that you stated you had problems with me sometime in the past. have never met you nor talked to you except your silly questions and never will as you must run in the slower classes.
but goodluck "

"have never had any dealings with whatever performance years is, sounds like your kind of site. is that all they have listed is sleds.
i can do this all day since i am retired and this occupies my time, thanks "

As you all can see, he's not all there.........

Old 11-11-2003, 12:17 PM
On Vacation

Here's his latest:

"I just visited your performance years site. What a waste of time unless you are restoring one."

A brain trust to be sure.

Old 11-11-2003, 12:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I know Larry Anderson. He was originally from Orlando Fla. Built many Pontiac engines over the years. I think he worked Full time at a Pontiac Dealership, but correct me if I'm wrong. Has some health issues and Florida weather and Moved to Tenn. Is currently building engines and working for Jim Butler.

Bruce; He has a Goatman attitude back if you act like Goatman. LOL.

Have known Larry for years. You two could pass for brothers in written and verbal responses. Bwahahahaha.

He has some very fast cars and has run in the Quick 4 at Norwalk.
He can develop an attitude. But so can most people if you try and talk down to them.

Just doesn't put up with Bullsh*t and wasted conversation, do you know someone else like that?

But tell him not all the PY possers are sleds. the Black Street 76 Sled from Florida flies. LOL.

Build it fast, build it right, build a Pontiac.

http://PontiacDude.cc

Old 11-11-2003, 12:39 PM
On Vacation

All I did was ask him what the name of his shop was and he went off.

I wasn't disrespectuful or discourteous in any way to him.

Funny, that shortblock has a hydraulic cam in it and he's telling me I must race in a "slower class".

LOL

Old 11-11-2003, 12:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've known Larry for a year or so. To the best of my knowledge he does not currently work for Jim Butler Performance.

RON

Due to the current economic conditions...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Meet you at the finish line.....don't be late!
Old 11-11-2003, 12:53 PM
On Vacation

Tough guy says he's gonna join and tell "all" about my $20,000 Lemans for sale. ROTFLMAO!!!!

I hope he does what he says he's going to do!

Old 11-11-2003, 04:57 PM
On Vacation

Look, I don't want to fight with the guy. I asked three, very simple questions:

1. What kind of main caps are on the motor?

2. Who built it?

3. What was the name of your shop when you were working? (he told me he was retired).

Those three questions would be asked by anyone who was going to buy a motor. I never got an answer to my first question. The only answer I got to the second questions was "me" (there was NO NAME in his ad when he originally placed it). I never got an answer to my third question either.

I don't know who this guy thinks he is, or what kind of motors he builds, but he can keep them for all I care.

Old 11-11-2003, 06:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I wonder if he uses billet timing covers on his engines?

Old 11-11-2003, 06:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

....OUCH....

1973 SD455 T/A
1979 S.E. T/A
http://community.webshots.com/album/16587603rOyvmFCiHs

Old 11-11-2003, 06:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

No Kevin Lee's listed in the phone directory in Lawrenceburg, but Larry Anderson is listed at the address Jim Zeek posted for Kevin Lee.

Interesting...

Old 11-11-2003, 06:44 PM
On Vacation

Aside from 3 year old jokes and guys who can't keep their motors or rear ends together for more than one pass, that's what I'm saying. Something is going on here.....

Old 11-11-2003, 07:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

FWIW: When I purchased my motor from Larry I was instructed to send money to a Kevin Lee. I did get my motor when promised. I asked Larry about sending check to a Kevin Lee. He DID explain to me who Kevin Lee is and why. He sent me several e-mails and awnsered every question for me. Even sent pictures of his car. It's none of my business as I got my awnser and what I was promised. I gather that Larry is a no nosense guy but he treated me more than fair. I did see him at Norwalk. Just my .02 worth.

Outlaw Pontiac Racers Association"For Those Who Live The Legend"
Do it now fool! Life is short.

60 Ventura 4300# 12.38 @ 108.10 / 1.66 60'

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..
Old 11-13-2003, 12:27 PM

Kevin Lee aka Larry Anderson sent me an email yesterday regarding a couple of ebay auctions I won. I sent him a money order and must have upset him somehow because he did not cash it and left TWO negative feedbacks for me on ebay. I complained to ebay and they kicked him off - probably not because of me but because he bids up prices on his own auctions using other ID's. Here is what he wrote:

"had your little post sent to me today from performance years? Since I never cashed your money order, and it was 50 days late don't bother telling people that you were ripped off.
I guess it was an inconvenience to have to put a stop payment on that order?? 11-005553340.
I put VOID all over it when it arrived. OR DID I? must have cost a little to put a stop payment on that. About the same as listing and final value fees for the items you failed to pay for in an appropriate time frame.

better stick to your pinball machines and jackpots "

Hmmmm. Wonder where pinball machines and jackpots came from! I, for one hope to never cross paths with this guy again. All I did was bid on two high torque starters and a set of A/C guages. Won both auctions and I sent him a money order for $100 which included shipping. I think he probably had seller's remorse and didn't want to sell the stuff that cheap.

By the way, I still have not got my money back.

Looking for lost goats...

Old 11-13-2003, 08:23 PM

Met Larry Anderson at PSN. Seemed like nice guy. He and his car were in HPP a couple of months ago, are also on HPP website. Pavment pounder shoot out.

Old 11-17-2003, 11:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i have known larry for 2 years, having met him at butler's race in 2001. i can say that he is a pretty nice guy who might sometimes come off as a little abrasive to those who don't know him. larry has built and raced a bunch of fast pontiacs over the years, and he currently has a few dozen (at least) shortblocks in varying states of repair, a few of which i would purchase in a heartbeat if i had the cash. larry's current car (3rd gen firebird) was featured in HPP and has run 7.90's on the jug.

FWIW, larry went out of his way to help me sort out some tuning issues with my carburetor at this year's race. he worked on the carb at his house well into the night when he was under no obligation to do so and refused payment of any kind.

97 Trans Am WS6
12.13 @ 114.6
M6, stock heads, stock bottom end
74 Formula 455
11.84 @ 116.33
3800 lbs., d-ports, 9" slicks