Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 10-03-2003, 07:20 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Who has the best quality carpeting and the best pricing? Car is 1969 GTO and im looking for "Black". Opinions welcome!

It is good that war is so terrible, or else we may grow too fond of it.

Old 10-03-2003, 07:20 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Who has the best quality carpeting and the best pricing? Car is 1969 GTO and im looking for "Black". Opinions welcome!

It is good that war is so terrible, or else we may grow too fond of it.

Old 10-03-2003, 05:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm just guessing here!! Performance Years???

POCI.org
Old 10-03-2003, 06:04 PM

A FEW YEARS BACK I INQUIRED ABOUT THE BETTER OF THE MFGS OF CARPET AND WAS TOLD THAT P.U.I CARPETS WERE VERY GOOD.
I DONT KNOW IT THERE ARE BETTER OUT THERE TODAY.
MY P.U.I CARPETS FIT PERFECT.

Old 10-03-2003, 06:50 PM
On Vacation

PUI carpets are very good and sold by PY.

Old 10-06-2003, 12:58 PM
Administrator

We have always been an Auto Custom Carpets(ACC) distributor. PUI doesn't sell carpet anymore. They sold the molds to ACS which is affiliated with Trim Parts. Both companies have their advantages. Neither are as good as original but adequate for all but the most discriminating restorer. Just make sure you stay away from Nylon carpets. They are really cheezy looking and don't last.

---------------------------
Fool around, Get hurt, don't come crying to me.

Old 10-08-2003, 03:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Auto Custom Carpet is the best I've come across. I've purchased four from them direct for different cars. Perfect fit contours each time. They leave extra on the rocker edges so you can trim (them too short )!

The last set was a custom order for my Firebird, non-factory color and style, so they would not accept return for any reason. I was not concerned as my past experiance was positive. I was not dissapointed this time either

DanC

I'd rather be Historically Accurate than Politically Correct !

1930 Ford Model A Coupe .. (original)
1994 Buick .."TowMaster" ...woody wagon
Old 10-09-2003, 01:05 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I bought my carpet from PY and was very pleased with it. Fit was perfect right out of the box, and it appeared to have the same loop-style as the stock carpet.

Of course, I had to cut giant holes in it to clear the rollbar, but I kinda expected that.

Old 10-09-2003, 11:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Got 2 ACC carpets for 68 FB. 1st 1 the underpad was folded over and glued on the front section. Huge hump in the floor. Sent it back and received a replacement days before I was taking the car out. On this 1 the underpads were positioned wrong on both the front and rear piece and the front was cut on a bias. This piece of junk is still in the car. Had to rip the underlay off and glue the door edges down to get it to stay in place. If you look carefully at it you can see the grain running on an angle.

Unfortunaly I didn't buy it from PY and the shipping and handling was killing me.

Fortunately we now have an ACC distributor in town now so I'll be replacing it again.

Old 10-14-2003, 07:56 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks for all the Feedback! My wife is looking for my Xmas list, and I thought this would be a god item. Strangely, she thinks car parts are not a good present!! Uses words like "carpeting seems so impersonal, un-romantic..". Women...go figure...

"On the highways, it was a white-line nightmare...men were battered and smashed..."

Old 10-15-2003, 06:01 PM

Judas, thanks for asking the question. I want to replace mine also, and my wife feels the same as yours. Women, go figure.

THERE ARE TIGERS LOOSE ON THE STREETS, http://www.gtotigers.org
Host Chapter of the 2004 GTOAA 25th Anniversary International Convention