Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2020, 10:43 PM

Default Subframe connectors for T-Top strengthening.

My only experience with subframe connectors is a one time restoration of a old retired 1970 Challenger Pro Stock car left in the hot salty FL. air for 40 years. We spent 2 years restoring it to run the Super Gas class and made our own weld in connectors for going in a straight line. My thoughts are for extra strength lost in the cutting of two big holes in the top of a 2nd Gen Bird. We all know what the TA was built for and even though many of them and some very famous have made it to the drag strips around the country they are road race course cars. I have no clue as to how the car would handle with a good quality of bolt on connectors say the PTFB or CP connectors. I'm really looking to add back the lost structure from cutting the top out of these cars, I mean surely they have to lose some body/chassis strength. On the other hand I still want the car to handle but don't want to modify the whole suspension because I've added the connectors. The reason I'm wanting to go with bolt in is because everything I do to this TA I want to be removable to be put back to stock trim easily. Anyone been the subframe connector rout and if so why and what was the outcome good or bad thanks.