Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 07-18-2003, 06:08 PM
Senior Chief

Purchased a 3 year subscription to HPP off of ebay,only received issues for less than one year. Anyone else with the similar situation?

Old 07-18-2003, 06:08 PM
Senior Chief

Purchased a 3 year subscription to HPP off of ebay,only received issues for less than one year. Anyone else with the similar situation?

Old 07-18-2003, 09:09 PM
Senior Chief

I think that HPP may be having some accounting/bookkeeping problems. I had renewed my subscription back in March. The check was cashed but no issues sent. I later get a letter in the mail from their collection agency! They tell me that I have been getting the issues and that I never paid! Long story short: I received an apology letter the other day from them. They even extended my subscription, and assured me that my credit is not tarnished...... Maybe you should contact them to explain your situation.

Old 07-19-2003, 06:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Build it fast, build it right, build a Pontiac.

http://PontiacDude.cc

Old 07-20-2003, 06:43 PM

I thought I purchased a two-year subsciption to HPP but just one year later I'm getting renewal notices. I'm puzzled.

Old 07-20-2003, 07:07 PM

they send renewal notices to me all year round.does not matter when scrip runs out.

Old 09-11-2003, 07:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I bought a 1-yr. subscription and while checking the mailing label I noticed that it was not a full year. When I brought it to their attention they were very courteous and extended my subscription a few months beyond my purchase. I am satisfied.

Old 09-12-2003, 09:10 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Renewed back in March before subscription was out for another 2 years. Received cancelled check back in April. Expected uninterrupted delivery. Called in August, after not receiving some issues and asked, "where are my issues?" they informed me that I had to provide proof of a cancelled check. They indicated that they had no record of me "ever" receiving HPP. I called them back the following week with the cancelled check in hand and asked where to send a copy. All they wanted was the bank where the funds were deposited and the check number. I just received today, all my back copies that I missed via 1st class mail and as a courtesy they added three more months onto my subscription (but they did subtract the number of magazines (months missed) from that total plus the courtesy add-on.) I believe they have accounting problems, or, they have transferred to a new computer base and our renewals hit during a difficult time.

Old 09-13-2003, 02:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I renew my subsciption every year at Norwalk.Havn't had those problems. It does seem that they send me,'your subsription is about to expire'during the year.I do like the book and articles it seems to be something for the grass roots type of Pontiac nut, and the advanced nut.

Old 09-13-2003, 03:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I didn't renew my subscription over a year ago for some of the same reasons mentioned here. I still buy it from time to time off the newstand, however.

Old 09-13-2003, 07:47 PM
Senior Chief

I bought three sub's off of ebay and you can't beat the deals! I got three years of hotrod for $6, three years of car craft for $7, and four years of Maxim for $4!!! Heck of a deal!

My other life has meaning....

"It beats pickin' cotton and waitin' to be forgotten"

Old 09-15-2003, 07:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think I renewed through a third party, and I'm not sure if I got the correct subscription length. The third party contacted me and offered me a free magazine (Automobile?) for a year if I signed up for a 3-yr renewal. I took the bait, and I think I just received a renewal letter. I know my three years isn't up yet.

Mike

Old 09-15-2003, 10:15 PM
Senior Chief

Check out the seller, lender1, or it might be lender01 on ebay. He said to email him about any mags and he will let you know if he can get them and for how much.

Old 09-15-2003, 10:21 PM
Senior Chief

I just went back and double checked whom I bought them from, it is lender01.

Old 09-16-2003, 05:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Receiving renewal notices shortly after signing up kinda pissed me off initially. I even wrote them about it. I still subscribe but would appreciate it if they would back off with the aggressive renewal tactics.

http://home.earthlink.net/~uptons1/ <~~some pics of my 65 GTO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Treat Me Good, I'll Treat You Better; Treat Me Bad, I'll Treat You Worse"
Sonny Barger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 09-16-2003, 08:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had 6 mths left on my subscription and they quit sending mags so I just let lapse, and didn't try to renew.

66 GTO TIGER

1963 Cat SD Clone (old school) streeter
1964 GTO post coupe, tripower, 4speed (build)
1965 GTO 389 tripower, 4 speed, driver
1966 GTO dragcar
1966 GTO Ragtop
1969 Tempest ET clone street/strip
1969 GTO Judge RA lll, auto
1969 GTO limelight Conv. 4speed go and show (sold)
1970 GP SSJ
1970 GTO barn find..TLB…390 horse?….yeh, 390
1972 GTO 455 HO, 4 speed, (build)
1973 Grand Safari wagon, 700hp stoplight sleeper
525ci DCI & 609ci LM V head builds
Old 09-17-2003, 07:43 AM
Senior Chief

If you guys bought the discount mag subscription off ebay, who was the seller? Was this the $20 dollar scam. Be lucky you got anything. I got nothing.

Live, Learn, Get Even
If the seller is DISCOUNTMAGAZINES, you got screwed too. Guy has to hide his bloody red feedback

<hr>
"Experience is a good teacher but her fees are high... "
<hr>

Decca Records rejection of The Beatles - 1962
"
Old 10-05-2003, 11:42 AM

I quite subscribing and started buying out of the store due to magazine always arriving torn up.I'd go back to subscribing if they'd do something to help protect it during shipping(of course the downfall is prices would go up then.

http://ultimategto.com/scripts/showc...69/69h_00163_1

Old 10-15-2003, 09:59 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by poncho-mike:
I think I renewed through a third party, and I'm not sure if I got the correct subscription length. The third party contacted me and offered me a free magazine (Automobile?) for a year if I signed up for a 3-yr renewal. I took the bait, and I think I just received a renewal letter. I know my three years isn't up yet.

Mike<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I fell for that too. I did get the 3-year. But much to my supprise , I got a bill in the mail for almost $350! It seems that this company also sold me subscriptions to three other mags all for three year as well. I called them and caneled with no problems.

Just goes to show, If it sounds too good.....
--
Thanks,
Fred Schramm