Old 04-26-2006, 01:24 AM
Senior Chief

Question TH400 cooling line troubles

While the engine is out of my 67 HO/AC GTO, I decided to replace the cooling lines for the trans. I ordered a set from a reputable place, but when I went to put them on, they just didn't match up. I have a 4-core Harrison radiator, just recored and painted, and the distance between the inlet and outlet on the bottom tank is 12-1/2". When I put the replacement lines into the original clip on the inside of the frame, they lined up only 8" apart...there's just no way that can be right. In any case, does anyone have a picture of the cooling lines where they enter the radiator on a goat like mine? I don't think that the a-c makes a difference, but the HO manifolds do. If no pictures are available, a measurement of the inlet/outlet distance would be very helpful. I would also like to know if both lines straight across above the front stabilizer bar before they make the 90-turn toward the radiator. TIA for any help you can give me.
Kerm

Old 04-26-2006, 02:24 PM
Suspended

you have the wrong lines.