Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Old 10-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Buick guys are sneaky. But do some math, 510 ft lbs torgue at 2800, can you say torque.....stock heads huh......stage 1 heads look stock........and the stock exhaust manifolds are as close to headers as you can get. 12.o's with a tune is not unrealistic for a stock 455. 67 430 heads have the best ports, and love the stage one valve train. Ya don't need alot of rpm's with that much torque. There is so much support for the buick stuff now, they have fixed the oiling problem with a new timing cover/oil pump housing thats not an issue any more. Can take just about any 400-430-455 head and fill it with stage one stuff, now they make nice intakes, even single planes! Paint the intakes, and they look stock............sneaky i tell ya.sneaky!Ya better bring an extra lunch and some juice....lol, he might just wax ya.
Now lets talk Stage2........they where the real fast ones...lol.

Old 10-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Marxjunk
Now that you mention it I believe he started with a 67 block. He said he had the best heads under stage 1. I know he updated the valve train I bet to stage one specs. He also if I didnt mention it before installed a crower cam. I know the car is MEAN and I dont even try to race with my current set up. I will consider making sure I have 150 hp Top shot hidden that He won't know about especially if I lose.I dont want to give him an even bigger ego LOL! I plan on getting a complete 474 pontiac motor with aluminum heads and a nice roller cam. If that don't take him I will give up lol.

Old 10-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Buick guys are sneaky,sneaky i tell ya............................