Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Old 04-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hello guys!
I have a pontiac lemans with a 350 plus cube Chevy small block. Its Got Shaved heads seems to be small cam. {mystery meat in car when i got it}. Edelbrock intake headers HEI Dual 2.5 inch Mandrel bent flowmaster exhaust. A 411 Rear
with detroit locker. 28 inch tires. Now I also have A Crane cams Hi-6 Ignition Hooked up to the new Summit HEI distributor. Topped off with a Qjet. TH 350+ shift kit with 1200 stall

Now to the question: what Does anyone suggest My Timing should be set at. The HEI is vaccuum advance But its not an Adjustable vac advance just stock. I was wondering Intial timing and Total Timing and when By. As soon as I change Distrubors Power went down. I Didnt reliaze then I still needed to swap the Springs to Keep the Timing curve the same. Big mistake I know!!
Sad thing is I can No longer Actually Work on my cars Due to a Bad back with 3 herniated disc.
Any help or ideas on how I can get my power back would really help. With 373 and the the Good curve the Car Kicked but Once i get it straightened out With 411 I should roast tires all day!!!!!

Old 04-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hello guys!
I have a pontiac lemans with a 350 plus cube Chevy small block. Its Got Shaved heads seems to be small cam. {mystery meat in car when i got it}. Edelbrock intake headers HEI Dual 2.5 inch Mandrel bent flowmaster exhaust. A 411 Rear
with detroit locker. 28 inch tires. Now I also have A Crane cams Hi-6 Ignition Hooked up to the new Summit HEI distributor. Topped off with a Qjet. TH 350+ shift kit with 1200 stall

Now to the question: what Does anyone suggest My Timing should be set at. The HEI is vaccuum advance But its not an Adjustable vac advance just stock. I was wondering Intial timing and Total Timing and when By. As soon as I change Distrubors Power went down. I Didnt reliaze then I still needed to swap the Springs to Keep the Timing curve the same. Big mistake I know!!
Sad thing is I can No longer Actually Work on my cars Due to a Bad back with 3 herniated disc.
Any help or ideas on how I can get my power back would really help. With 373 and the the Good curve the Car Kicked but Once i get it straightened out With 411 I should roast tires all day!!!!!

Old 04-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Now Before Ya get Upset I didnt put the Cheby motor in there. It was in there on purchase. I am looking to Add a stroked 400 {440} pontiac in the future after I get her painted. For Now im stuck with the chevy. Man The Ram air III 400+ I had Kicked this Lil mouse motors butt!!
Just FYI I am against it But the Price was right and Still runs 4 years later. Best Part is I dont feel Bad beating a Cheby motor to hell!

Old 04-12-2005, 05:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have tried several settings. What seem to work best for me so far, keep cranking it up until it doesn't want to start when hot. Then back up two degree's.
I know how you feel about the back. I feel for you. I had one fixed in December 2003. Felt lots better. I have another acts up some, but with arthritis there isn't much they can do. The traed mill is my best friend.

2005 Norwalk Sat Top ET Winner!
Old 04-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks For the reply. ANyone else?

Old 04-20-2005, 01:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I check mine yesterday before I pulled out distributor, it was set at 38 degrees.

2005 Norwalk Sat Top ET Winner!