Old 11-15-2005, 07:24 PM
Senior Chief

Default 66 GTO Parking Lights

Should the parking lights turn off when the headlight come on or should they stay on?

Some people say I have A.D.D., but they don't know what they're talk ... hey look, a chicken!
Old 11-15-2005, 09:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to 3 Deuce 64

66 off when head lights are on 68 is the first year the stay with the head lights

Old 11-17-2005, 05:22 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It's any easy mod if you want to keep your parking lights on with the headlights.. that's if your interested.

Old 11-17-2005, 02:40 PM
Senior Chief

Actually I am interested. I love the look with the driving lights.

Enlighten me, por favor!

Some people say I have A.D.D., but they don't know what they're talk ... hey look, a chicken!
Old 11-17-2005, 07:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

On mine, I just hooked up a jumper wire between the headlights and parking lights, with an alternator diode inline so the head lights wouldn't come on with the parking lights, but the but the parking lights come on with the headlights.
It works, but I sure would like to know the correct way to do it!

Old 11-18-2005, 04:54 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It was probably the easiest mod I've ever done. (FIRST DISCONNECT YOUR + BATTERY CABLE) Then all you have to do is go under your dash... find the brown and purple wires comming off your headlight switch. (Brown I belive goes to the rear tail lights) Cut each of the wires and re-wire them together. The purpose is that you want to tap into the rear tail light circuit.. because they come on and stay on when your head lights are on. That's it. It might be easier to remove the headlight switch from the dash, but I couldn't figure out how to remove the knob. (now I know that there is a release button on the switch that lets you remove the knob and shaft from the switch itself.) I just stuffed my 250 lb frame in my floor board and went at it. It looks awesome.