Old 05-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Senior Chief

Default 67 firebird front seat latch

Can someone tell me for sure the correct position of the seat latch that allow the backs of the seats to be tipped forward. should the latch be to the inside of the car up against the centre console or should the latch be on the outer near the door opening.Ive seen pictures of firebirds with seats bolted in both of these positions.Which is correct.Im missing a seat latch and dont know which one I require Drivers or Passenger.
Dave from England

Old 05-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Can't find a photo but mine were on the outside near the door.

1967 Firebird ragtop, 464, Weiand 8-71, ported 6H heads, Hyd roller, 4L80E, paddle shifter, Moser 9", Cal-Tracs, Vintage Air, Corbeau seats, 13"/12" disk brakes, Hydraboost, electric cutouts and M&H drag radials.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

positioned so that the rear seat passenger can release as they enter
so on the outside

Old 05-31-2012, 09:15 AM
Senior Chief

Default 67 firebird front seat latch

Well Guys, both of you have confirmed what I suspected, that the seat latches go to the outside of the car. But, the confusion is that I advertised for a drivers side seat latch to which I had response, paid for it, and the seller sent it. On the lever was clearly stamped the letter "L", and I thought "EUREKA!", I can continue with the restoration!! Only to find, that as you see from the pictures, it's the one for the passengers side, even though it has the letter "L" stamped on the lever. And, what is even more confusing is the lever on the one I already have for the drivers side, which is missing a spring and a plastic wedge, has the letter "R" stamped on the lever! So, does anyone have a spare latch for the drivers side, no matter what letter is stamped on the lever, as long as it fits the drivers side seat!!!!

Also I require the screw that screws in to the bottom of the seat back and rests up against the rubber bump stop when the seat back is in the upright position, the one with the cross slotted head. I require one for each seat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC11045.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	286246   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC11048.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	286247