Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2019, 06:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Fried engine harness (I think)

I think I know the answer to this but figured I’d check with the experts. I had to remove the alternator from my ‘70 today (to access fuel line) and during reassembly I pinched the wire loom between the alternator bracket and intake. When I went to put the negative battery cable back on, there were sparks everywhere and smile started drifting up along the loom down to the starter. Ugh. My question is:
Can I repair the engine harness by simply cutting off the part that got pinched or do I need to replace the entire harness?
Not sure if it shows up very clear in the photo but there is copper showing in the red wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk