Old 10-28-2019, 08:47 PM

Default The dark side

Forgive me for asking but what is the criteria to be a darksider.i think it has to do with B body cars but not sure if there's a specific year.I'm a 72 Catalina guy myself.

Old 10-28-2019, 09:25 PM
Senior Chief

Darksider has several alternative meanings, but basically, a full size is generally an overlooked, underappreciated, smaller following, little or no aftermarket support car with a manic ownership who appreciate the size, style, and ride, and not seeing half dozen of your car at the local cruise in. So to dive in and go for it, you join the darkside.

Old 10-28-2019, 09:28 PM
Senior Chief

and no, there is no specific year, but I suppose the snobs might say 1977 and up, are "too small with perhaps a suspect engine"

Old 10-28-2019, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyrelic View Post
and no, there is no specific year, but I suppose the snobs might say 1977 and up, are "too small with perhaps a suspect engine"
Having sent my '69 Bonneville wagon down the road some time ago, my 20 year old son's '77 Bonneville Brougham is the closest thing to a Darksider we have now. Sure, it's downsized from the '76, but it's still a pretty big car, has a sooth quiet ride, a 5" bolt circle on the wheels and genuine Pontiac motor under the hood. I say it still counts!

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 10-28-2019, 11:01 PM

Default Darksider

Oh,then I'm definitely a darksider.had my car for 26 years now.I like it different and my Catalina fits the bill.I'm a street guy but also go to the track.just built a stroker turbo engine over the last couple of years.weight don't matter to this thing anymore.its fast.my build is in the boost section.