Old 12-06-2019, 04:36 AM

Default 67 Grand Prix Headlights Need Help

Hi,

I live at a high altitude close to 7000 feet. My 67 Grand Prix headlights aren't opening all the way. The headlight covers open about 1/4 of the way up. They close fine after I've physically lifted the covers all the way up. When I pull the headlamp switch on I hear a momentary vacuum sound coming from the switch area.

Before I start troubleshooting the hideaway system has anyone performed an electric conversion on a 67 Grand Prix? I've seen conversion kits for 68/69 GTO but nothing specific for a Grand Prix.

Old 12-07-2019, 10:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

67' GP's have been in my family since they were new so I can tell you it's rare to see headlight doors open 100% of they're movement.
Maybe post a pic of yours while up to see?
My current 67' GP was in storage for 20 years and the cover did not operate at first.
I had the lower valance off so I could access & lube all the moving parts.
Once I did that I got operation, but it was slow... you had to give it a few mins or start driving while the vacuum increases from engine speed to get them up.
Once I took the vacuum switch apart for clean & lube it now opens as fast as you can walk to the front to look!