Old 07-02-2024, 12:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to Flashflood Send a message via MSN to Flashflood Send a message via Yahoo to Flashflood
Default 2nd engine down

77 Pontiac lemans with original a 350 oldsmobile. I yanked that out and found a 403 at my local engine mechanic. He rebuilt it but it took some time for me to stab the engine in. Plus $$$ obviously. In the time it took to try get parts and everything. It locked itself. So it's stuck. Will keep you posted!!

Rip engine #2

Sent from my SM-S536DL using Tapatalk

Old 07-02-2024, 05:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Maye some kind of obstruction?
A well oiled fresh build would take some serious neglect to be unable to be turned. Try the flywheel end.

Still have my 1st Firebird
7th Firebird
57 Starchief
The Following User Says Thank You to 694.1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2024, 06:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Even if the engine is stuck due to rust, it likely can be saturated with some penetrant for a week or so, then broken free by applying pressure on the flywheel side, as already suggested.

You could also get a inexpensive bore scope to look into each cylinder to see what you're dealing with too.

Unless the engine was filled with water, I doubt all is lost.

I've seen some engines brought back that were filled with water, that run no different than one that hasn't been frozen up ever.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 07-07-2024, 12:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to Flashflood Send a message via MSN to Flashflood Send a message via Yahoo to Flashflood

A little bit of update the machanic that rebuilt the engine suggested the same thing. Or also that it may be the torque converter, not stab in correctly, so I have to pull the engine back out and see if I have the third click. Here's hoping!

Sent from my SM-S536DL using Tapatalk