Old 07-28-2014, 05:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default TH350 with Tripower questions

Looking for a kickdown cable and bracket that would work best with this setup...also I am not real familiar with 350 dipstick tubes...is there a Pontiac specific tube I should be looking for? I guess the mounting tab bolts to engine block somewhere?

Thanks

Resto almost done - 1966 GTO HDTP Tiger Gold (paint code 1-2), black vinyl top and interior, 389 tripower, 068 cam, TH-350/Hughes TC, RA manifolds, 2.5" Pypes exhaust, Scarebird Front Disc, Ralley II's, factory PS, PB, PW, PA, A/C, headrest option.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You will need a dipstick tube for a BOP TH350 transmission. The Chevrolet ones will slide into the hole, but you wont be able to bolt up the bellhousing to the bracket. As for the kickdown, you will have to fabricate something up for it. You will need a factory style bracket mounted to the intake, and something on the center carb such as a pin that fastens to the throttle and moves about 1 and 3/16 inch that the end of the cable can attach to. TCI sells the dipstick and a factory style bracket I beleive. If you can find a car in the junkyard with a TH350 (good luck), you can use parts off of that. Good luck.