Old 02-17-2018, 01:36 PM
Senior Chief

Default 68 GP console and courtesy lights questions

On the 68 GP, is there supposed to be a light inside the center console when the lid is opened? I noticed there is a switch under the lid but no light anywhere.

Also, did it come with footwelll courtesy lights, or was that an option? I don't seem to have them either.

Third, the light under the lip of the dash, is that supposed to come on with the doors opening? Also, what bulb goes in there?

Old 02-17-2018, 09:20 PM

There should be about 1" hole in the front of the console liner with a light. The bulb goes on the bottom of the button switch. No footwell lights. The light in the center of the dash does not light when the doors open on hardtops. But does light on convertibles. The bulb is a 550. I have one if you cannot find one.

Old 02-18-2018, 01:49 AM
Senior Chief

I do see the hole but there doesn't seem to be any light in there. Maybe it fell inside??? How would you replace that blulb if you needed to?

Are those 550 bulbs hard to find? As in Pep Boys, etc.? I noticed that the 68 GTO uses a #89 bulb, is that similar?

Old 02-18-2018, 05:47 PM

Use a small screwdriver and pry the on/off button out, the bulb goes on the bottom. The 550 bulb is a glass tube that is squished on each end to fit in the clips of the light. Maybe hard to find.

Old 02-20-2018, 02:09 PM
Senior Chief

Is there a more commonly-available bulb that will work in place of the 550? I would think that something else would fit, maybe slightly lower wattage or something....

Old 02-20-2018, 05:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I found this listing on Amazon for a #550 bulb - they show it for Husqvarna applications, but does it look like yours? https://www.amazon.com/LIGHT-BULB-Hu.../dp/B01DWKF99Q

Old 02-20-2018, 07:44 PM
Senior Chief

Hmmm, sewing machine bulbs, didn't think of that!! Thx. for the link. Can anyone confirm from the Amazon link if this is the correct bulb for the under-dash courtesy light?

Old 02-21-2018, 06:42 PM

I have one. PM me.