Old 10-17-2013, 09:29 AM

Default Does anybody know anything about this car?

http://www.admcars.com/inventorymana...view&Id=502589

I have a friend interested in this car. Thanks!

Old 10-17-2013, 09:32 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I would suggest seeing this car in person as the dealer is using Hugh Hefners photographer....lots of software effects on all the pics.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pretty sure it went through ebay a few weeks ago......

They should get a ticket for "excessive use of Armoral"........you can almost smell it in the pics...

Eye Candy......garage band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUPcHxHRx3s

Go full screen & turn it UP!
Old 10-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Everything underneath painted same....... it seems weird with green carpet and seats.... can't be correct.... 79-81 spoiler end caps. to me, that shows total ignorance or else disrespect, haha. Car doesn't look "right".... also AC, no gauge oddball dash, rare but odd. I would not be "drawn" to this car.....

Old 10-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Seems to be, as of late, several '70 & 71 Formulas at the "big time" flipper emporiums. Not a single one of them anywhere near correct. As Todd mentioned, many of these joints have expensive computer software to make their pictures "pop". Wanting something really nice... keep looking

Old 10-17-2013, 04:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head View Post
Seems to be, as of late, several '70 & 71 Formulas at the "big time" flipper emporiums. Not a single one of them anywhere near correct. As Todd mentioned, many of these joints have expensive computer software to make their pictures "pop". Wanting something really nice... keep looking
Computer software is not the issue here, nor is it very expensive. While I have little doubt that the photographer has used photoshop to enhance details/color balance, contrast in the pictures, I see more of the professional photographer and "white room" influence in these shots. Again, as mentioned, the floor pans received a homogenous black paint even though one can clearly see the original red oxide primer inside the floor braces that would have covered the complete underside of the body. Tisk Tisk.

This is professional car SALES shop and they are positioning their "wares" in the best possible light, per se. They don't KNOW the car nor are they necessarily responsible for creating/restoring/fixing the car. They are likely a consignment shop. If correctness is desired, stay away from "muscle car" dealerships - they tend to overstate their inventory and are not necessarily experts on any given car type. Look for an original car if you don't like what they have to offer.

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)
Old 10-17-2013, 04:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Kurt, from what I've experienced several of the large what you call professional car SALES shops: consignment shops are.... what we could call vertically integrated. Not all, but quite a few. One parts vendor /occasional car builder mentioned to me this summer, that one such a large internet seller that he has done business with many times had over 5K in computer software. Having seen a few of the cars out of that particular dealer, can say the pics do make them look pretty, but no way I'd send anyone to purchase from these folks.

Old 10-17-2013, 04:54 PM

Thanks a lot guys. I agree with everything that has been said. I'll send him this link to our thread here and let him make his own decision. Greg

Old 10-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Senior Chief

Notice how they try to hide the huge gap between the fender and nose on the drivers side, nice cars don't have 1/2 in. gaps there.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:06 AM

Default Did not think 70 formulas had rear spoilers

Tips look tall to me as well...