Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 08-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Unhappy My Baby; LeSabre T-type STOLEN

Hey guys, just want to put out an APB of sorts, so there will be more people aware:

Came out to go to "work" this morning to discover my Garnet red '88 LeSabre T-type was not were I left it last night. Then noticed the lock cylinder on my other Buick, 4-door LeSabre was cockeyed & the door left ajar.... Nobody has been given any keys, so I knew the worst had happened. This was from where my apartment complex is, in the normal parking area.
I'm located in Michigan City, Ind.

It will probably end up in Gary or Chicago, but it had FULL tank of gas, so it could be driven to St. Louis or Pittsburgh if somebody wanted to. Locking gas cap or not.

This car was worth more to me than any newer car could ever be. Had just 82K miles (zero rust) and I planned on keeping it till the wheels fell off, which would be well over 300K miles, and at least ten years.
Folks in the Gary & Chicago area, please keep your eyes out. The left rear quarter panel has distinct damage on it, so it should be easy to identify. Last three of the VIN is 301
Tom

Old 08-31-2009, 10:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Not my car but pretty much what it looked like:
http://www.lesabret.com/Buicklestt11.jpg

The driver's side quarter panel is wrinkled up about six inches from the outside corner of the tail light. The rear bumper has paint popped off along the black rubber strip so that it appears like yellow spots, and the left bumper extention is folded over sideways from the hit that did the damage to the quarter.

I have pics of my car with the damage but can't get them downsized for posting. Will email if anyone wants.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:04 PM

That's a bitch. Those are rare cars. A woman I worked with has one she bought new.

I'll keep an eye out here but I'll bet it was stolen for a joy ride unless someone needed parts and I can't see that on one of those with the age it is.

Mike.

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 09-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am so sorry that anyone has to go through this. It happened to me back in June. I hope it turns up. -Jim

Old 09-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks for the kind words Mike & Jim.

Yesterday, the officer that filed the report called with a sliver of hope.
The computer turned up a blip that the T-type's plate had been run in Gary, sometime in the very early am that same day. That just means that a patrol car saw something out of place with the car or perhaps did a routine stop. Since the Buick was not yet reported stolen, the thieves may have been allowed to drive away.

I stopped by the MCPD this morning to see if there was any more leads on the car, but there was nothing new. Still hasn't been impounded yet.

A few days before it was stolen, I had noticed a minor squeeking noise at idle. Diagnosed it as the water pump bearing. Was going to drain the coolant and refill with water plus flushing compound. run it for a few days, then put a new water pump and new coolant in it.
I had recently changed the oil with full synthetic 10w30, so it would have been good to go for 10K miles. Tires still had 95% tread left. This sucks.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

MC to Gary. Could be they used it to make a drug run.
Or gang bangers for a drive by.
I'm in the Merrillville/Hobart/Valpo area.
Keep an eye out.
Also have cop buddies. I'll let'm know.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 09-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cops found my T/A after they ran it out of gas near the river, a regular drop off for stolen cars. Hope you get yours back...Dave K.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My LeSabre had a FULL to the brim tank of gas. I'm kind of hoping that is why it is taking so long to find it. Not that I like to think that some crack monkeys are driving my beloved car around.

Seeking recovery of my stolen 1988 Buick LeSabre T-type. Primary summer driver & Road Trip car.
Garnet Red with 2007 PENDOT inspection stickers on windshield. Had minor damage to left rear quarter & bumper. Last three of VIN: 301
Could be being driven with altered VIN.
Bodywork on left rear quarter (near the tail light) would be a tip-off.
Last seen by a patrol officer doing a routine plate check in Gary, Indiana, August 31, 2009
(The thieves were driving, but my plate was clean.)
Old 09-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool

Mine was full also, they some baja driving. Drove over wood, or blocks a little jumping, and stuff!! I had to replace a wheel, column parts. They banged up the floor in a couple spots, and bruised up my new GM dual resonator exhaust system. Oh, and I had to air it out for 2-weeks it had a certain body odor.......Dave K.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

QUOTE user Sam Elm: Do you still have the VIN? You can check to see if it's registered/titled in Illinois for free.
Go to the Secretary of State's website. http://www.ilsos.gov/regstatus/

I tried entering my VIN on that page and got an immediate Currently unable to process message. It gave a 1-800 phone number,
so when I tried to call that, there was a recording that said "You have dialed a number that is not available from your calling area".
What gives? They must weed out all the calls that do not come from Illinois. That's just great. Well I'm going to try having my sister dial the number with all my information.

Anybody from Wisconsin know if there is a similar service in that State?

Seeking recovery of my stolen 1988 Buick LeSabre T-type. Primary summer driver & Road Trip car.
Garnet Red with 2007 PENDOT inspection stickers on windshield. Had minor damage to left rear quarter & bumper. Last three of VIN: 301
Could be being driven with altered VIN.
Bodywork on left rear quarter (near the tail light) would be a tip-off.
Last seen by a patrol officer doing a routine plate check in Gary, Indiana, August 31, 2009
(The thieves were driving, but my plate was clean.)