Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 12-29-2005, 02:24 AM
On Vacation

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Jensen
Exclamation Does anyone have experience with the Canton Oneway Windage Tray???

I just bought the intermediate increased capacity oil pan with the side kick-out...as well as the optional Canton Oneway Windage Tray. Don't have them here yet but they will be showing up on Friday.

My question was, on a Pontiac Engine...does the dipstick or dipstick tube need to be modified?? This one is different as it mounts to the block and pan instead of the main caps. Canton was telling me that I would have to use a universal/modified dipstick setup for their pans...but that has anything to do with the configuration of the routing or the tube itself??

Also, what do you think of it overall if you're running it?

Had to get an increased high-pressure pump and pickup from them as well. I had a buddy of mine who had a catastrophic oil pressure failure because something wasn't properly installed with the pickup and pump. Any recommended installation advice??

Thanks,
Bryan

Old 01-04-2006, 12:12 AM

Bryan, Did they tell you where you can get one of those modified dip sticks?

Old 01-04-2006, 07:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Some of the newer pans have a provision for adding a universal dipstick tube and stick...I think Canton shows that on the website. My older pan did not have that provision, so I had to modify the windage tray/screen (Canton), to use the stock tube. Here is a pic...it had to be "massaged" for clearance, and then I tack welded the tube to the tray.

I have had no problems with the pan or tray. I'm not sure you'll see much difference on the street, but you are putting top quality parts in there!!

FWIW, I also run a crank scraper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P4080162.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	37618   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4080161.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	37619  

9.81 @ 136.39MPH