Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Old 04-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's to hoping you have a great turnout and I hope it doesn't affect later events. Unfortunately drag racing is the biggest attraction for me, but I may swing in and walk around. I hope Firebird gets things straightened out soon, and I'll look forward to any other events you might have.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooldgoats View Post
Thanks for all your hard work on this, Steve. It's disappointing about the race portion, but it was unavoidable. We had the "perfect storm" of both Phoenix-area tracks going down at the same time with a lot of uncertainty about their futures. We'll be there for the show and swap meet and we look forward to both. I've got a bunch of stuff to sell at the swap meet to help pay for the blower conversion on my Tempest.

Is there a group rate at the hotel?

Jim
Thanks for understanding Jim. It seems the best thing to do. I will be announcing the race dates soon. Yes, there is a special room rate and willbe posted here soon as well.

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 04-18-2013, 09:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
Here's to hoping you have a great turnout and I hope it doesn't affect later events. Unfortunately drag racing is the biggest attraction for me, but I may swing in and walk around. I hope Firebird gets things straightened out soon, and I'll look forward to any other events you might have.
Thank you for your kind words and we understand that this 15th annual year has had to be a year of compromise. I am so appreciated of my sponsors understanding and guests as well.

This race will be annouced soon, perhaps as early as tomorrow as I have another meeting scheudled with the track president at that time. We are still ironing out details. The race portion is likely to be held in the evening and into the night as the weather will be nicer then.

I'll be posting info on the show and hotel as well here soon.

Hosting-
Old 04-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Barcak View Post
Thank you for your kind words and we understand that this 15th annual year has had to be a year of compromise. I am so appreciated of my sponsors understanding and guests as well.

This race will be annouced soon, perhaps as early as tomorrow as I have another meeting scheudled with the track president at that time. We are still ironing out details. The race portion is likely to be held in the evening and into the night as the weather will be nicer then.

I'll be posting info on the show and hotel as well here soon.
Count me in Steve, looking forward to it

Old 04-18-2013, 02:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here is the latest on the Pontiac Heaven show for this spring. It is at a nice location and the Courtyard Marriot is offering a special "Pontiac Heaven" rate. There is also a bistro rest in the lobby where you can sit back indoors and enjoy a bite to eat, coffee or beverage. This location is very easy to get to. More info coming.

Special thanks to all my sponsors, volunteer staff and people who have attended. You are all so very much appreciated.

The racing portion of Pontiac Heaven/Nostalgic Show & GO! weekend is in planning at Firebird. To be announced and likely to be in the evening and into the night due to the warmer weather. Probably late May or early June.
The most current info is on www.pontiacheaven.org
Also, my phone is always available to answer any questions 480-899-7873

Hosting-

Last edited by Steve Barcak; 04-18-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Pontiac Heaven is 2 weeks from today! Make plans to attend. You can preregister by emailing or calling me.

steve@pontiacheaven.org

480-899-7873

thank you

Hosting-
Old 04-23-2013, 08:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One week from Saturday at the Marriot in Chandler!

Hosting-
Old 04-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Main event sponsors-

Network Automotive Service Centers- 15 year sponsor
Glenn's Garage- 15 year sponsor
Too Hotties Mens hair cuts
WW Williams
Kauffman Racing
AllPontiac.com
Quick Guns
Todd Harding & Son auto Swap meets- New Sponsor!

co sponsors-

Butler Performance
The Thompsons
Ames Performance
Space Age Auto Paint Store
Reliable Diesel
National Parts Depot- new sponsor!
Cactus GTOs ( GTO AA)
AZ Chapt 29 POCI
Alpha Omega Surveying - returning sponsor!

Hosting-
Old 05-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tomorrow is the 15th annual Pontiac Heaven car show and parts exchange. It is our annual celebration of Pontiac power. We will have new and used parts available, t shirts, giveaways, music, 50/50 raffle, food and more. Don't miss it- 6am-1pm at the Courtyard by Marriot 1100 s Price rd in Chandler, Az.

Hosting-
Old 05-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well,,,yesterdays show was outstanding!!!!! There were about 50 Pontiacs on the show field & a dozen or so swap spaces filled. Big thanks to Steve Barcak for hanginf in there through all the issues he has had this year with both SpeedWorld & Firebird raceways closing down. Next year will be bigger & better!!! Had a great time as always. I forgot my camera & didnt get any pictures but am sure Steve will post up everything as soon as he can. Thanks to everyone who came out/attended.

POCI.org
Old 05-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanickeith View Post
.....I forgot my camera & didnt get any pictures .....
Our camera wasn't there, either. It was carefully packed away in the suitcase we left on our bed back in Tucson. I hate getting old.

The show was a success by any measure. There were a lot more cars than I expected and the weather was a little cooler than normal for May in Phoenix.

But, wait 'til next year.............

Jim

****'63 Tempest, 475" IAII, Wenzler Super Chief heads, converted to blown alcohol, Birdcatcher, Littlefield 10-71 high helix. Best pass to date: 7.67 @ 181.59 (1/4 mi.), 4.95 @ 143.67 (1/8 mi.), 1.18 (60 ft)

7.75 @ 178 pass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iez3...ature=youtu.be

First seven second pass(7.98): https://wwwoutube.com/watch?v=DK17...ature=youtu.be

Thanks to Paul Carter @ Koerner Racing Engines

Old 05-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Big thanks to Steve for putting one of these things on...takes a lot of effort. Drove down from my new house in Prescott to have a look at the show and to meet Steve and find out when Keith's Tempest would be on the road, only to find out it was on the road...only with a different transaxle. Now I'm back at the old house in central Ca. coast just looking at all this stuff I have to move after my new garage is built! And I just love these 9hr drives!

Old 05-06-2013, 12:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by U47 View Post
Big thanks to Steve for putting one of these things on...takes a lot of effort. Drove down from my new house in Prescott to have a look at the show and to meet Steve and find out when Keith's Tempest would be on the road, only to find out it was on the road...only with a different transaxle. Now I'm back at the old house in central Ca. coast just looking at all this stuff I have to move after my new garage is built! And I just love these 9hr drives!
Glad you were able to attend!! Any idea when you will be completely moved to Prescott?? That has to be quite a culture shock! Stay in touch!!

POCI.org
Old 05-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Question Central CA coast too salty for your toys

Quote:
Hey Don,
Prescott's a great little town with a pretty active car culture, I'm told. I'll see you at the next Pontiac Heaven event .

'65 Buick Sport Wagon Custom, 340, T350, 3:23
'66 GTO Post/468, 700R4, 3.31 (Mike's as of 9-16)
'68 Grand Prix/455, dual AFBs, T400, 2:93 posi (sold)
'72 TA tribute/461, T400, 3.08, (Russ's as of 9-16)
'97 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Turbo, Konis, 5 speed
'09 Torrent GXP, nav, Sun & Sound pkg., Bilsteins
Old 05-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanickeith View Post
Glad you were able to attend!! Any idea when you will be completely moved to Prescott?? That has to be quite a culture shock! Stay in touch!!
Thanks Keith.
I have to build my garage first before I put up my Ca. house for sale. A three car attached garage is not going to be able to take seven cars, tools and equipment, although I did move a 389, 355, and 455 plus a Roto and a T-400. I also moved a huge electric train board that goes on our old kitchen counter/cabinets to the divider between the two and one car garage. I still have a 455 and a 428, two Pontiac rear ends and numerous VW engines too......And my 62 Catalina is in pieces! The reason I was in Prescott this past week-end was I had to submit my plans to building and safety. The plans will be in plan check for not more than three weeks and then I will be able to break ground. I'm the general contractor. The garage will be 1632 sq feet and will have two lifts. We've already painted the inside of the house and have done tile in the great room and hallways, dining and sitting room and kitchen. I figured it was something to do before I start building.
Culture shock??? Not in the least, Our son is renting a house from us in Laveen, so we've been your way many a time. Plus we meet the kids and grand kids in Prescott many times because they use Prescott to get out of the heat. I also joined the Prescott Antique Automobile club.....well over 100 members, and many live in the development where I bought. There are so many old retired farts like me driving through the neighborhood in their antique or hot rod cars all the time. Quite a mix of cars. One guy I know from the Olds club of America who lives in Chino Valley has over thirty Oldsmobiles! Most people are refugees from So. Cal. getting away from the political and fiscal mess! We looked for two years before we bought so we knew many people already. Now you guys will have a beer stop when you take your many adventurous road trips!

Don

Old 05-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspin View Post
Hey Don,
Prescott's a great little town with a pretty active car culture, I'm told. I'll see you at the next Pontiac Heaven event .
Hey Les! Not too salty, but since I don't surf anymore due to a L-3/L-4 back problem that even surgery couldn't completely cure I figured I would find a place that had the same temperatures where I live in Ca. and be a lot less encumbered by taxes, rules and regulations. So I found it. It even has a little airport not far away so Hiner can fly in. My only big regret is since I moved form So. Cal to the Central Coast is I have a lot of car guy friends and friends in the towns of Pismo, AG, Morro Bay, Cayucos, Atascadero, Templeton, Paso Robles and Cambria. Truly a beautiful-beautiful area if only the Gov. would get out of the way.
Nice thing too about Prescott is I will be able to own some cars I would have never been able to do in Ca. There is no smog test on ANY car there.

D.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We all had a great time and it was nice to meet people and make new friends as well as catch up with others.
The full results will be posted on my site soon.
Here is Best of Show- Mark Avakian with his '66 GTO Congrats Mark!

Hosting-

Last edited by Steve Barcak; 05-06-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Thanks Keith.
I have to build my garage first before I put up my Ca. house for sale. A three car attached garage is not going to be able to take seven cars, tools and equipment, although I did move a 389, 355, and 455 plus a Roto and a T-400. I also moved a huge electric train board that goes on our old kitchen counter/cabinets to the divider between the two and one car garage. I still have a 455 and a 428, two Pontiac rear ends and numerous VW engines too......And my 62 Catalina is in pieces! The reason I was in Prescott this past week-end was I had to submit my plans to building and safety. The plans will be in plan check for not more than three weeks and then I will be able to break ground. I'm the general contractor. The garage will be 1632 sq feet and will have two lifts. We've already painted the inside of the house and have done tile in the great room and hallways, dining and sitting room and kitchen. I figured it was something to do before I start building.
Culture shock??? Not in the least, Our son is renting a house from us in Laveen, so we've been your way many a time. Plus we meet the kids and grand kids in Prescott many times because they use Prescott to get out of the heat. I also joined the Prescott Antique Automobile club.....well over 100 members, and many live in the development where I bought. There are so many old retired farts like me driving through the neighborhood in their antique or hot rod cars all the time. Quite a mix of cars. One guy I know from the Olds club of America who lives in Chino Valley has over thirty Oldsmobiles! Most people are refugees from So. Cal. getting away from the political and fiscal mess! We looked for two years before we bought so we knew many people already. Now you guys will have a beer stop when you take your many adventurous road trips!

Don
Welcome to Prescott Don. The Prescott Antique club is a great group of guys that put on a great show at Watson Lake near the Dells late in the year. Alot of old car guys in the area with several weekend cruises every month to attend as well. Not a big scene up here like Phoenix but there's almost always something car related to do on a smaller scale anywhere in the tri-city area. Keep on eye on "Cruise Arizona" which covers the northern part of the state for car events. "Cruisin' Arizona" covers the Pheonix/Tuscon metro areas.

Hope that helps.

Steve, sounds like you had a great turnout, glad to hear it and all the work is much appreciated

Old 05-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
Welcome to Prescott Don. The Prescott Antique club is a great group of guys that put on a great show at Watson Lake near the Dells late in the year. Alot of old car guys in the area with several weekend cruises every month to attend as well. Not a big scene up here like Phoenix but there's almost always something car related to do on a smaller scale anywhere in the tri-city area. Keep on eye on "Cruise Arizona" which covers the northern part of the state for car events. "Cruisin' Arizona" covers the Pheonix/Tuscon metro areas.

Hope that helps.

Steve, sounds like you had a great turnout, glad to hear it and all the work is much appreciated
Thanks for the welcome. Was wondering if you belong to the Prescott Antique Automobile club too? What Pontiac's do you have? Also, every Saturday morning there is a car gathering at the Parking lot at Fry's on Willow Creek road...Hope it turns out to be like Huntington Beach donut derelicts and Pismo Derelicts!

D.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

After it was all other and everything cleaned up, a few of us decided to head for a bite to eat. 4 very tired, but happy, Pontiac gear heads sharing a meal. it does not get better!

Hosting-