Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Old 08-07-2014, 02:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az
Default 1st annual Arizona Pontiac Power Group Drag Series

The Arizona Pontiac Power Group is starting an annual winter drag series to be held at our home track- Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park near Phoenix on Interstate 10 at exit 162.
As of now, the plan is to run a monthly race where attendees gather points over the winter and the finals will be held at the 17th annual Pontiac Heaven weekend April 19, 2015.
We welcome anyone running Real Pontiac Power-More info by joining our group, it is free
We are also looking for those who would want to help with running the series.
see direct link below

thank you

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 08-11-2014, 09:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Steve,

I'm interested. Is this something that would be posted on Wildhorse Pass events callender?

Just thought I'd mention this as it might affect the turnouts. I haven't been too impressed with their website. Apparently it hasn't been updated in months. I go to the home page and click on events and the months of May through Sept are completely blank. I sure hope they start advertising better or I see myself missing alot of cool events such as yours.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just checking back in. I know this isn't any doing of yours Steve but maybe you have a better link or some influence with the track?

I've been trying to get in touch with them for over a week with emails and phone calls and haven't gotten a single response. Their website, after exhausting the google search, gives me nothing but a "blank" callender of events. I thought I had been doing something wrong or not searching in the right places but I did find several links of others mentioning the same thing so apparently it's not just me. I'm starting to think Wildhorse might need some administrative assistance.

I've been looking forward to several excellent events including yours, Pontiac Heaven, Nostalgia weekend, etc.. But can't plan ahead.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have to look for it, but WHP is terrible about their website. Someone pointed out a link that they actually update with track schedules.

If I find it, I will post it.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks Squid. I even have my wife on the trail with no luck yet. I did however find a place to sign up on their website hoping this might give me a link to better event information.

Unfortunately it linked me right back to the same page with a blank calender

Old 08-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Here ya go
http://www.racewildhorse.net/events/

Old 08-21-2014, 11:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Now that's what I needed. Thanks bud!!

Old 08-26-2014, 11:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
Just checking back in. I know this isn't any doing of yours Steve but maybe you have a better link or some influence with the track?

I've been trying to get in touch with them for over a week with emails and phone calls and haven't gotten a single response. Their website, after exhausting the google search, gives me nothing but a "blank" callender of events. I thought I had been doing something wrong or not searching in the right places but I did find several links of others mentioning the same thing so apparently it's not just me. I'm starting to think Wildhorse might need some administrative assistance.

I've been looking forward to several excellent events including yours, Pontiac Heaven, Nostalgia weekend, etc.. But can't plan ahead.
Sorry for the delay, I do not frequent PY as much as I used to. Am glad Azbird replied. Wild Horse had a change of management and the group that was fired had control of that page, so , there is a new site.

If anyone ever needs to get in touch with me, email or call direct
steve@pontiacheaven.org
or call 480-899-7873 no texts
thank you for your interest
Also, I will try to visit this page more often

Hosting-
Old 08-28-2014, 03:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68azbird View Post
HaHa! You were the one that sent me that link, but I had it on my work laptop. Thanks! Cooling down a little bit, so trips to WHPMP should be a reality in September!

Old 08-28-2014, 08:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Barcak View Post
Sorry for the delay, I do not frequent PY as much as I used to. Am glad Azbird replied. Wild Horse had a change of management and the group that was fired had control of that page, so , there is a new site.

If anyone ever needs to get in touch with me, email or call direct
steve@pontiacheaven.org
or call 480-899-7873 no texts
thank you for your interest
Also, I will try to visit this page more often
This certainly isn't your issue and not your doing Steve so no need to appologize. I just figured you might know a bit more about it since you deal more with the management down there. Looking forward to your events

Old 08-28-2014, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
HaHa! You were the one that sent me that link, but I had it on my work laptop. Thanks! Cooling down a little bit, so trips to WHPMP should be a reality in September!
Shucks I'll go year round, temps don't bother me, I just couldn't find a silly schedule to plan my weekends around.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
Shucks I'll go year round, temps don't bother me, I just couldn't find a silly schedule to plan my weekends around.
Triple digit temps have bothered my FB all summer. I could only do shorter jaunts around town.

But since it cooled off a little bit recently, I should be good now. I am currently planning for 9/5 and/or 9/12. Requested time off from work for Friday night.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The temps slow my cars down a tad, that's about it. I'm okay with that. Otherwise the cars run fine and don't complain. I guess I'm a rare one that enjoys the hotter months, mainly because it seems to keep most people away and it's not as crowded, whether that be at the track, or the dunes, or...

Old 08-29-2014, 09:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Working on getting my junk done in a week or 2 to bring it out some Friday night.

Old 09-06-2014, 04:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Went out to WHPMSP and rep'd the Arrowhead!

My friend Todd and I got a chance to make 2 runs head to head. His car is a 69 FB with a 350P/T400 combo, and mine is a 67 FB with 350P/T350 combo. He edged me on ET, but I got him on the tree. But it's not like a .379 RT is much to gloat over!

Got 3 passes in, two of those against Todd. Nosed over a little on the top end that I think might have been a fuel starvation issue (float level maybe?). Gotta sort that out. Car still didn't like the drive over from Mesa. Got up to 215. Waiting on parts to help improve air flow at cruise speed.

Mike, get your bird together! I'm scratching at the door of 14's with my redheaded stepchild 350! Show me how it's done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9-5-14 FB timeslip.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	375417  

Old 09-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You should get it there, easy way is to just put a holley on

Old 09-19-2014, 02:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

October will be here soon enough so, get your Pontiac powered vehicle ready for the Arizona Pontiac Power Groups Drag Series!

more info on the group site linked below, join us, it's free

Hosting-
Old 09-20-2014, 08:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

October when?

Old 10-08-2014, 11:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Our first Drag series event will be Friday night Oct 24. More info at the Pontiac meet up site. If you are not signed up already, what is keeping you? it is free and a great way to keep in touch on a more local or regional level.

Hosting-
Old 10-09-2014, 06:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Got a hall pass from work for 10/24! I'm in.