THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-19-2020, 04:16 PM

Default New parts you'd like to see?

Just wondering if there is anything you guys want to see that might make it easier for us in the hobby. I am a design engineer and like designing car parts while I have free time (so, hardly ever LOL).

I had a few people interested in the BOP block safety plate I made for my scattershield and a couple other parts I made for my 98 Trans Am, so just wondering if there is anything I could work on that people might be interested. I'm debating starting to sell these as a business, but just want to see what kind of things are needed. I owned a big shop for a little over 5 years before it grew too big for me to handle on the side and I sold it, so just looking for some little stuff to do here and there. Maybe get my kids to help me to get them into the hobby and all. They are already enjoying working on what we've got, so would be nice to get them into the engineering/design side of things too.

Old 02-19-2020, 08:12 PM

Buy a 3D printer and make the plastic parts that are no longer available... NOS prices will keep you in business.

The Following User Says Thank You to daduck For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2020, 08:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

With all of the Mid-sized parts suppliers out there, somebody must be looking for something!
Especially tooling?
Best wishes to ya.

Still have my 1st Firebird
7th Firebird
57 Starchief
Old 02-19-2020, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice sturdy engine mounts for 68-72, built in hard stop.