THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-26-2020, 01:47 PM
Senior Chief

In the original post, The top pictures are the first two car garage home I owned about from about fifteen to five years ago.

And The bottom pictures are the detached garage I had built a few years ago. It is 32 wide interior, with 14 foot covered overhangs on each side. If I had gone a few feet wider I would have been better off.

URL=https://s649.photobucket.com/user/ramairfour/media/edited-image_zpsgyl63dfu.jpg.html][/URL]

My attached garage where I live now was not pictured. It is the bare minimum for three cars, thirty feet, but it has two nice wide doors and use it as a two car plus.

"Yes, it's a real GTO. I know the scoops, spoiler, exhaust tips, and rear wheels are wrong. Umm, sure it's the 'big block' 400, you are quite the expert. I am driving in the rain, at night, running errands, with the kids who are eating and having ice cream in the back, after going to the drag strip, burning rubber, and blowing donuts. Do you really think it's numbers matching all original?"
Old 02-26-2020, 02:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok, so the detached garage is 32 feet wide by what depth? Reason i'm asking is I'm getting ready to build a detached garage and just trying to get an idea of space.

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars
Old 02-26-2020, 05:48 PM
Senior Chief

It’s 52 feet long. I did 30 feet of garage with 14 foot ceiling and attic over it. I did 22 feet of 8 foot ceiling with gym, work room, and bathroom with a man cave over it.

It maxed my budget for the project. If I had had a more budget I would have done a little longer and wider. Like at 36 wide I could have done three doors ten wide each. And if I had gone longer or left one side full bay instead of the rooms at the back I could have done parking two cars front to back.

I also wish I had thought to do a gambrel instead of a table roof, and may done 12’ instead of 14’ ceilings in the garage portion, I could have finished more of the upstairs. That would have cost more plus needed some support post in the bay though.

With the 32W x 30L x14 high bay portion I needed no posts, and just attic over it.
The 32Wx 22L x 8 high portion at the rear fives me a closed bathroom/shower, closed little shop room, and closed gym. The gym actually has double doors on the side and can be a tractor, mower, etc, room. I have a nice man cave over it.

I do hear/cool the closed portion and man cave. I can do the bay as well, but with good insulation and insulated doors it’s been fine most of the time.

The 14’ overhangs give me the option for long parking with overhead cover of other stuff.

I

"Yes, it's a real GTO. I know the scoops, spoiler, exhaust tips, and rear wheels are wrong. Umm, sure it's the 'big block' 400, you are quite the expert. I am driving in the rain, at night, running errands, with the kids who are eating and having ice cream in the back, after going to the drag strip, burning rubber, and blowing donuts. Do you really think it's numbers matching all original?"