Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default "Changed Parker" message on information center??

On my 2009 Pontiac G6 a message keeps popping up on the information screen but its only there for a second then its gone. I called the dealer and they said they have not heard of it.
It says "Changed Parker" I do not know if its mechanical or possibly the 6 disc cd changer or what it is. I was in an accident a couple of months back and I do not remember this message before but maybe it has nothing to do with it.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:35 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2902

Here is a copy of the service bulletin one of the guys there dug up:

#PIC4509A: Radio Displays Changer Parked Message - keywords battery CD display int intermittent intermittently no owners park radio - (Dec 27, 2007)

Subject: Radio Displays "Changer Parked" Message

Models: 2004-2007 Chevrolet Malibu

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Classic

2005-2008 Pontiac G6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI was superseded to update models and model years. Please discard PIC4509.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
A customer may comment that the radio will display a "Changer Parked" message intermittently at times, and there is NO explanation in the owner's manual for this message.

Recommendation/Instructions:
This message will display after the CD mechanism has initialized or when you manually park the CD mechanism. Initialization occurs normally upon a battery reconnect. The mechanism will unpark itself once you press the CD load button.

Note: After pressing the CD load button, you will NOT get a message that's it's unparked.