Old 12-02-2019, 09:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Tip cleaning Fuse block?

Before I reinstall my dash wiring harness in my 1970 F.B., I want to clean up the fuse holder clips. The clips have light rust and oxidation that should be cleaned. Also, is there an "electronic" approved cleaning spray I can use on this as well? Any tips or pointers are appreciated. Thx.

Old 12-02-2019, 09:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

soak in metal rescue. You will be surpised as to the results. Its magic.... Its very safe and here is what says it will do. Eliminates rust from metal surfaces such as steel and iron
Biodegradable and non-toxic formulation, Does not damage seals, paint, gaskets, rubber, and skin. I have been using on brackets and stuff and all I have to say is WOW!!!! No stink and even says it is safe to put down the regular sewer... get it at Home depot in the paint section....

Old 12-02-2019, 09:51 PM

A good cleaning product for oxidation is Caig Deoxit: https://caig.com They have a lookup feature on their website to find a place near to you that sells their products.

As for removing the rust, you want to be careful not doing anything too harsh so you don't damage the contacts. A good method is to use a pencil eraser.