Old 10-27-2006, 05:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Yellow Custom Classics Judge on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-...QQcmdZViewItem

It is just me or does the interior on this car look green, not black as advertised?

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
Old 10-27-2006, 05:30 PM

It does look like it has a greenish tint. He also raised the buy it now price from last weeks auction from $59000 to $69400.

Old 10-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"This car started its life out as Carousel Red and is now in the rare color of Goldenron Yellow. We'll paint this car to Carousel Red or black at cost!! "

Rare color? Rare color change. What a Custom Classic Jackass.

Old 10-27-2006, 06:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not sure why the nastiness. He's telling you that it's NOW in Goldenrod Yellow (which I believe would be a very rare Judge color) but he's willing to paint it back to the original color at no charge (could that explain the buy-it-now being raised?) Why jackass?

Old 10-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Suspended

I think crappy camera...

He didn't say no charge on the paint... Just no mark up.

Loaded Judge though.

Old 10-27-2006, 07:33 PM

Interior looks green to me, then again there are very few pics. CC GTO wheels and deals, I wonder why the "rare" color to begin with? Did they just have too many signiture color 69's? They seem to have their fair share of different colored 70's.

Old 10-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Why Jackass? Their reputation is well known. It will be no bargain to paint it back the original color, trust me. And having a non-original rare color means nothing.

Old 10-27-2006, 08:39 PM

I agree.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've seen some of their cars in person. I can tell you what the Carousel Red repaint will look like. One heavy coat over the current paint with little or no prep, including runs, dirt, orange peel, and "fishe eye" all over the place. You'd be better off having it done yourself.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:44 PM

Why do think he did not even bother to pull it out of the shadows
to take pixs !!!
Only a jackass does try to get 70K for a car using pixs like that !
And yes looks green inside to me also ...

Old 10-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You guys never cease to amaze me. Asking $69,000 for a Judge today is NOT out of whack (whether he gets it or not.) As for those who have supposedly seen his cars ... I doubt it. I have seen them on MULTIPLE occasions and they are real, they are nice, and I would welcome to drive ANY of them if I would be willing to spend the money. Funny thing is this: you guys have constantly been all over him for his high prices for years YET if he would offer any of his cars for just 3 year ago prices you'd be mortgaging your home to get one. AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WHO ACTUALLY OWN A GTO have him to primarily thank (along with BJ) for your cars asking "jackass" prices.

I've offered to before but without ANY TAKERS ... but I'll try again ... ANYONE WILLING TO SELL ME TODAY'S GTO AT 3 year ago prices?

If not why not shut up ... meet the man yourself ... if you don't like his cars then don't buy them.

That guy helps out more young people in ONE WEEK (and for NO MONEY!) then you guys have probably worked with (other than your own children) in your entire lives.

Old 10-28-2006, 08:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

70ra455,

Have you met the man? Has he helped you out? I have personally met him and have seen several of his cars in person as I was interested in buying one. Every single one was grossly misrepresented. I did not appreciate traveling up the east coast at my expense to look at a Bondo laiden rust bucket that he personally told me on three ocassions "was rust and Bondo free". I will admit that not all of his cars are total sh*t, but what comes out of his mouth is. His prices have done nothing to raise the value of anyone elses car. Why? Because they are totally unrealistic. His prices have no affect on the market. How many cars has he advertised as sold at huge money, only to surface once again at a fraction of his so called selling price. His cars do not sell at his advertised asking price. One of the cars I was interested in was advertised at $69k. I got him down to $45k before I even showed up to look at it. Unfortunately, it wasn't worth $25k. I personally know of one relatively nice original '70 RA IV 4-spd GTO that he had for sale at one time for roughly twice the market value at the time. The exterior and interior colors of this car were not the most desireable. He advertised it as sold. It surfaced out of his shop roughly one year later as an Orbit Orange car with vinyl top added and a color change to the interior. Oh, and the cowl plate now reflected these colors. He attempted to sell me this car as well. Hist story was that the color was being changed from the original because the cowl plate identified it as an OO car and it was painted incorrectly at the factory. Yeh, right! I've got other stories that would make the hair stand up on the back of most peoples necks, but I think that I've made my point.

Old 10-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Blkbrd, I purchased that car from anthony , it was nicely done and ran real strong, had it about a year and sold it, the new owner changed to color back and it sold again. I Knew what I was getting into and had no problem with him, I don't know about any other of his dealings, but if he had a car I wanted that I could afford and I went over the car with a fine tooth comb, then i would buy from him again. JMHO Paul

Old 10-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ive seen his cars before on ebay NEVER met him or know him.....Cars always looked nice but felt over priced....Nothings cheap anymore...& it is a lot of work & parts are pricey. He describes the car well i think.
I think its up to the buyer to be MORE educated than the seller. Its the only advantage in this game. Do any of you guys have those DOOR decals on your judges ???????? I DONT, & i dont think they belong on that car. But its eye candy to the uneducated... OR am i wrong? THE 69 JUDGE is the least decaled car...in exception of its own tag named graphics.
Ive learned NEVER to bad mouth anyone....Its a small world & we will need each other in 1 way or the other....Its our hobby we are all in it together.

Old 10-28-2006, 06:42 PM

Just my $0.02 cents here. I have met Anthony as well and looked at the same car as BLKBRD. BLKBRD stated the truth and I still have pics of the car that Anthony was selling.
70ra455: You defend/standup for Anthony, I have no problem with that but what he did to me, I will never forget and the way he runs his business is unethical to me at least. Most of his statements are false. I can defend my words with proof. (Pictures).
SweetJudge: I am not out to bad mouth Anthony but I would tell anyone who thinks about doing business with him or anyone else, be as educated as possible and Anthony has a history with a fair amount of people and it is not stellar one.

Just my experiences form dealing with an individual who makes a living from a great hobby.

Old 10-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It never hurts to be prepared, and with good and bad experiences posted (from any sale/person/dealer) it allows for a more savy buyer going into a deal.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

70ram4,

Did the cowl plate identify the car as Orbit Orange when you owned it?

Guys,

I've only provided the information that I have because it may help someone else before they make a mistake. I've been in this hobby off and on for roughly 28 years and my worst experience by far has been that involving Custom Classic GTO. I wish that I had been aware of the information about Custom Classic on this site before I considered doing business with them. I'd have saved myself a good deal of time, money, and grief.

JLHarper,

You summed it up perfectly!

Last edited by BLKBRD; 10-28-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

the cowl plate identified the car as what it was supposed to be a granada gold car, the paint was too nice for me to mess with it. the next owner repainted it. I always knew it was a color change but I didn't care it was a straight fast ram iv 4 speed car. definitely one of the quicker cars I've driven.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

BLKBD I know the man better than you'll ever know him. I don't personally know of any wrong dealings that he's done but have heard lots of rumors such as yours. Somebody show me NOT JUST THE PICS but the AD that matched that car and I'll start believing.

And if you think he hasn't raised prices for these cars then you're mistaken in my opinion. To say he hasn't sold these cars is so ridiculous it doesn't even warrant comment. He makes his entire living selling GTO's and lives in a bigger house than you do (unless of course you're in a mansion.) He's making his money from just a bunch of dodos I guess right? All these people with so much money that they just throw it away right? They're successful in all walks of life but little ole' Tony just rips them off because of their stupidity and they don't even utilize all their smarts to get their money back right? Either everyone is as stupid as you make them to be OR Tony is the smartest man alive.

I don't care if ANYONE EVER BUYS ANOTHER CAR FROM HIM but your inane comments on EVERY CAR THAT HE SELLS IS SO STUPID THAT IT MAKES ME SICK. To say that a $69,000 Judge (with new paint) is out of whack is so stupid it makes me sick. You don't comment on everyone else who sells theirs (or should I say advertises theirs) for over $100,000 but Tony sells one for $69K and he's whacked out?

AGAIN BLKBD ... SELL ME YOUR GTO FOR CHEAP WILL YA ALREADY???

It's not about defending Tony .... you guys just don't get it. It's about stopping these attacks ... there IS A DIFFERENCE.

OK let's PONY UP NOW NOW NOW. IF YOU'VE BOUGHT A CAR FROM TONY THAT WAS NOT WHAT YOU PAID FOR then let us know. NOW.

Not that you looked at one. Not that you talked to him over the phone about one. But that you've been ripped off by buying one.

OTHERWISE SHUT UP.

Phew ... I needed that.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Is this the company that was formerly JJJ Enterprises (in the 80's) out of Florida?

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT