Old 10-26-2014, 03:53 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 3 pieces rear spoiler repros

Hi, i like to add on my 77 Firebirsd a 3 piece rear spoiler ..the used original are mostly cracked and have broken studs or need much work ...

How about the repros ? Anybody tried ? Any experiences if they are like the originals and how they fits?
Like these http://www.classicindustries.com/pro...rts/*r354.html

*R354 - 1970-78 FIREBIRD 3 PCE REAR SPOILER KIT
Quality reproduction of the original 3 piece rear deck lid spoilers that were optional on 1970-81 Firebird models. Each rear spoiler includes the correct mounting studs for mounting the spoiler to the rear deck lid. The original rear deck lid includes cutout areas on the underside of the lid for drilling out correct mounting locations. Each spoiler is manufactured in fiberglass and is ready to paint to the desired color. The center spoiler is the same from 1970-81. Choose the correct outer spoilers for your year and model or order the complete …

Thx for any info ..

Thx

1965 canandian Parisienne custome sport convertible AZ car. „Sold“
1977 california Firebird Esprit [/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 10-26-2014, 04:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I know this doesn't really answer your question....but decent used parts can be had around here for about 1/2 the price of repops....may have an extra set here.

What do they charge you for shipping?

Eye Candy......garage band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUPcHxHRx3s

Go full screen & turn it UP!
Old 10-30-2014, 05:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There are so many know parts that fail that aren't properly reproduced. I am a little surprised they bother repoping these spoilers. Like 2many says, they should be just about everywhere used as they came on so many cars and are not known to fail. Only issue I know of is the studs coming out & that can be repaired.

The 79-81 style are a different story.....

68 GTO 4-spd Convertible
78 S/E Trans am L78, WS6 Auto
78 S/E Trans am W72, WS6 Auto
79 10th aniv W72 Trans am
80 Indy pace car Trans am
89 Trans am GTA
Old 10-30-2014, 08:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The back 3 pcs never sell at the swaps, they never get broke, I had a parts guy give me 3 center sections to hang as wall art, ones upstairs at Duggans on Woodward, one I gave to the Hunter House and one for my garage, I know a few parters that can't give them away, pm me if you want to talk to them. Unlike the wheel flaires these never break. Unless you get into an accident.

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱