Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 11-28-2023, 08:50 PM
Senior Chief

Default Interior ceiling fan recommendations

Hey Guys- need some direction regarding purchasing a new ceiling fan. Looking for a 60-62" or so fan, prefer a traditional look for a Florida greatroom, not a contemporary style or a 3-blade type. Doesn't need to move a lot of air. Remote is a plus (no pull chain), unsure RE: AC vs DC. The light is not a priority. Would prefer USA built but what I'm seeing most of what's available is stuff from chiner. Any advise/ recommendations are most appreciated........................

Old 12-01-2023, 12:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Have always had good luck with hunter fans and can buy mid level ones from most home stores for around $100-150. I just bought a new 52" with a modern 4 blade look, it has a remote too. very quiet and has a lifetime warranty on the motor. Not sure if hunter is USA made or not and dont really care, they are a quality brand thats been around for decades and cant go wrong with the lifetime warranty.

Old 12-01-2023, 04:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've used fans from Grainger in industrial applications with good results. They aren't particularly decorative but I like the plain look - just three blades with no fancy stuff. They also sell speed controls to go along with the fans. https://www.grainger.com/search/hvac...ling-hvls-fans

Old 12-01-2023, 06:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have had no luck with remote ceiling fans. I bought a Hunter back when the remote operated was a new thing. After a month or two, it quit working. I replaced it under warranty, and that one lasted a few months. I threw it out and bought a pull chain Hunter, and never had a problem.
The house I bought last year had a remote in the bedroom. The remote operation was not working. The house isn’t that old, so I know the fan isn’t. I threw it out and put up a new pull chain Hunter.

Old 12-01-2023, 06:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hunter pull chains all I have used.

Bedroom one is over 20 years old

Custom Roller Cam, 1.52 Roller Rockers
Quadrajet done by Cliff
3:42 gears

12.075 @ 112.70
12.092 @ 112.43
12.128 @ 111.71

Old 12-01-2023, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78w72 View Post
Have always had good luck with hunter fans and can buy mid level ones from most home stores for around $100-150. I just bought a new 52" with a modern 4 blade look, it has a remote too. very quiet and has a lifetime warranty on the motor. Not sure if hunter is USA made or not and dont really care, they are a quality brand thats been around for decades and cant go wrong with the lifetime warranty.
Same here. I have used hunter ceiling fans in 3 houses with no complaints.

Old 12-19-2023, 07:32 PM
Senior Chief

Thx to all for your replies