Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 10-23-2020, 09:55 PM

Default COIL SPRING SPECS

Are the original specs published anywhere for coil springs? I have not been able to find anything.
I have a '64 GTO, MT, no A/C. I am starting to reassemble the stock front end, but springs are still in the undecided column.
In '64, did the GTO option get different springs over the LEMANS and TEMPEST?

Thanks for the input.

Old 10-25-2020, 11:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Coil spring gamble

I would post this in your cars section.

My experience with multiple cars, coil springs are a gamble on what you get. though some here have great results with specific suppliers. but most these guys are restoration pros who work directly with the supplier of choice and can return if not right for what is right I suspect.

seeing pictures of plenty of high dollar restorations etc 9 out of 10 sit to high. for me the best way I found was in properly cutting my front coils and properly having my leafs de-arched.

I have seen plenty of posts or u tube posts of folks purchasing from quality supplier's only to have a stance they don't like. not knocking the quality supplier's, just that it seems no matter where you get em', be ready to return em or make proper adjustments.

Old 10-25-2020, 12:41 PM

JUDGE3, thanks for the advice. I'll post it in 64-65 GTO section also.