Old 11-06-2020, 06:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default power trunk release

i am trying to hook up my power trunk release I am not sure if this was added or it is original to the car . I only have the black wire from the trunk that is attached to the trunk release . i am i missing a wire

Old 11-06-2020, 08:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

One wire from trunk release solenoid to button and one wire from button to full time 12v.

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars
Old 11-06-2020, 07:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieT/A View Post
One wire from trunk release solenoid to button and one wire from button to full time 12v.
Is the power wire near by or do I need to make my own. Can’t seem to any loose wire at the glove box. Or does it go to the fuse box

Old 11-06-2020, 07:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When I installed mine I just went to the fuse box and connected with something live all the time..so I made my own wire cause it was an add on

1973 Firebird Navajo Orange w/shaker,1973 400/461,1972 Intake SD CNC'd,1977 Q-Jet 800 CFM w/ Cliffs Kit,Tanks Inc PA4 255 Walbro intank pump ,-8an feed/return,RobbMc Regulator,RobbMc 40 micron filter,253 CFM 6x-8's w/H.S 1:5 Roller Rockers,SD Stump Puller H/R Cam 230/236 @.050 112 lobe separation 565/.570 lift,Crower Solid Rollers,28150 Hedman Headers,3" exhaust,full tailpipes,350 Turbo,9.5" 3200 Converter,3:42 gear,8.5 posi,C/E slide-alinks,Koni adj frt shocks,Best 12.18@110.55 Lookin for 11's
Old 11-06-2020, 10:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Power wire for trunk release ( this is same for dealer install or factory)
Fuse box accy plug in ( always hot) orange or orange with stripe to the switch inside the glove box.
From the glove box, one wire runs down the pass side wire gutter and up the inner wheel house, through some tar and into the trunk.
The wire hangs down into the trunk drop off, surfaces and comes along the rear tail panel to the release.
The release is grounded by its mounting screws.
The release button is in the lockable glove box for Valet reasons.

Old 11-07-2020, 08:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
Power wire for trunk release ( this is same for dealer install or factory)
Fuse box accy plug in ( always hot) orange or orange with stripe to the switch inside the glove box.
From the glove box, one wire runs down the pass side wire gutter and up the inner wheel house, through some tar and into the trunk.
The wire hangs down into the trunk drop off, surfaces and comes along the rear tail panel to the release.
The release is grounded by its mounting screws.
The release button is in the lockable glove box for Valet reasons.
We are all lucky we got a expert like you on this web site .thanks for that detailed info

Old 11-07-2020, 09:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Before you run a wire from your fuse box, check for a loose orange wire with a black connector close to your glove box. It will be in the courtesy wire loom. The wire may exist if your car was power trunk from the factory.

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over
Old 11-07-2020, 12:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wick View Post
Before you run a wire from your fuse box, check for a loose orange wire with a black connector close to your glove box. It will be in the courtesy wire loom. The wire may exist if your car was power trunk from the factory.
Some folks tap into the glove box light wire, which is right there, and always hot.\
The power wire to trunk is Black. It is black because its considered a ground because it is downstream of the glove box switch.

Last edited by Formulabruce; 11-07-2020 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-07-2020, 08:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
Some folks tap into the glove box light wire, which is right there, and always hot.\
The power wire to trunk is Black. It is black because its considered a ground because it is downstream of the glove box switch.
Yes, the wire to the trunk is black. The power wire is orange.

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over