67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 11-05-2020, 04:36 PM

Default Rally 2 offset

Can anyone share the offset of the rally 2 rims that would be on a 67 Firebird? I want to get some rims but want to be sure that the offset is the same as those rallies. Thank you.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

are you purchasing aftermarket wheels? or trying to find original rally's?

Hopefully somebody with more knowledge of the original wheels will chime in, but I believe they had a +8 offset. On a 7" wheel that is a 3 27/32" backspace.

If you're going to larger aftermarket wheels, it's incredibly important to actually measure. You can get away with all sorts of stuff in 7" wide wheels because there's room for it. As you go wider/taller or both room starts to become a premium and the factory +8 offset may not be correct. Especially important if there have been any sheetmetal changes to the car, rear end or brake changes that could effect things like hub to hub distance and where the wheel tub and fender lips are in relation to the wheel and tire.

Here's a calculator I like to use. https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?whe...scl=2in&sr=0in

I actually just this week uploaded a video about this topic to my YouTube channel as well. It's literally the question I get asked the most in regards to my car's setup which is pretty aggressive for a stock tubbed (front and rear) Firebird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebtYfydBU60

Old 11-05-2020, 07:17 PM

Thank you JLM, I'm looking to get 14x7 aftermarket wheels. I just want them to fit right like I've seen those 14x7 rallies do.
I will look into the link you shared.

Old 11-05-2020, 07:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

if you're sticking with a 14x7 you can get the standard 0 offset. The wheel and tire package is so small that the change made there won't effect anything. Especially if you're still on stock suspension.

In fact going to that 0 offset wheel gives you more room for a wider tire if you want to go that route as you gain room away from the lower shock mount in the rear and the outer tie rod end in the front.