THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-23-2020, 06:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergto View Post
The name of the Insurance Company is Utica National. It states “ Utica National “ is waiting state approval.just what my agent stated. You said she didn’t know what she was talking about. You were wrong, just admit it ,and stop trying to deflect.
I knew that ultimately the state (any state) has to approve issues regarding rates. I spent 10 years of my life in the insurance industry. I also know that the states are going to side with anything that benefits the consumer. As I posted, it's a rubber stamp.

I've already received my check in MN. West Bend had to get approval also. They notified me the day I started this thread that the checks were going out.

As I stated in my opening thread on 4/10/20:

Quote:
I suggest you contact your agent and ask about it. Peer pressure may result in a refund from carriers not currently offering rebates.
Your agent tried to blame the state for Utica's late decision to follow the leaders in the industry. Peer pressure is the only reason they are now doing it as shown by your letter posted 4/22 - 12 days later. They know the rebate will be approved as they've already told you that you will receive a 15% rebate.

If they were worried about the approval, they wouldn't have sent you a letter.

May I remind you that I previously posted that State Farm is running commercials on national tv promoting their rebates. No caveats or fine print stating "except in NY".

Old 04-23-2020, 07:08 AM
Senior Chief

Still deflecting Champ. You were 100% wrong when you said my agent didn’t know what she was talking about by saying the Insurance Company is waiting for state approval. It’s all here in black and white. I’ll just leave it at that since it seems that your not man enough to admit when your wrong.

Old 04-23-2020, 07:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I’ll just leave it at that since it seems that your not man enough to admit when your wrong.
I will and have admitted many times on this board when I'm wrong.

The approval will be automatic, once the state receives the request. Utica knows this as they already put the amount of the rebate in the letter you received.

A proper response by your agent would have been to say, "I'll call Utica and check on their plans and get back to you.".

But she didn't take the time to verify with the company, she decided to use the state as a whipping boy instead.

Enjoy the fact that Utica submitted to peer pressure and is doing something for you. I'd look for another agent.

Old 04-23-2020, 07:41 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
I will and have admitted many times on this board when I'm wrong.

The approval will be automatic, once the state receives the request. Utica knows this as they already put the amount of the rebate in the letter you received.

A proper response by your agent would have been to say, "I'll call Utica and check on their plans and get back to you.".

But she didn't take the time to verify with the company, she decided to use the state as a whipping boy instead.

Enjoy the fact that Utica submitted to peer pressure and is doing something for you. I'd look for another agent.
You really are an obnoxious piece of work.

Old 04-23-2020, 07:47 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

LOL, having gotten a few filings through the New York Department of Financial Services, I'm sure the conversation towards approval is more along the lines of "I see you are giving a 15% rebate. We've noticed some other carriers giving 20% rebates. Why not 20%?"

1970 Buick Skylark Custom convertible(driver) Fire Red
1972 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 Royal Blue
Old 04-23-2020, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wovenweb View Post
LOL, having gotten a few filings through the New York Department of Financial Services, I'm sure the conversation towards approval is more along the lines of "I see you are giving a 15% rebate. We've noticed some other carriers giving 20% rebates. Why not 20%?"
Another person with knowledge of how these things really work...

The insurance commissioner in NY is not going to refuse to let Utica from doing something that is a benefit to consumers.

Old 04-23-2020, 01:47 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Another person with knowledge of how these things really work...

The insurance commissioner in NY is not going to refuse to let Utica from doing something that is a benefit to consumers.
No one ever said they were going to refuse it and you know that. Lets go back to my original post. The one you said my agent didn’t know what she was talking about when she said the company was waiting for state approval. I posted a letter from the company proving she was a 100 % correct. Your little insecure mind just can’t accept you were wrong.

Old 04-23-2020, 02:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Finally got an e-mail with the details of what Erie Insurance was up to. You have to apply their formula to get an exact rebate. It is about 5% of this years annual premium.

Here is their text: Dear ERIE Customer,

"This pandemic has significantly impacted all of our lives. At Erie Insurance, we continue to consider what we can do to make a difference for our Customers and communities. Most of you aren’t driving; you’re staying at home doing the right thing to protect yourselves and your neighbors.

That’s why we’re announcing that we will provide $200 million in dividends directly to personal and commercial auto insurance Customers in our 12 states and the District of Columbia. This immediate relief represents about 30 percent of your monthly auto insurance premium for a two-month period or 5 percent of your annual premium.

You can calculate your dividend using this simple equation: Annual premium as of April 1, 2020, multiplied by .30 / divided by 6. You can find your annual premium on your most recent auto insurance declarations page. For personal auto insurance Customers, you can access your declarations page through your Online Account at View Policy Details."

Better than a sharp stick in the eye, but hardly life changing. Good advertising, I suppose. When you consider the big boys like State Farm, Progressive, and Gieco each spend a BILLION dollars a year on TV commercials, this is a drop in the bucket.

Old 04-23-2020, 03:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
No one ever said they were going to refuse it and you know that. Lets go back to my original post. The one you said my agent didn’t know what she was talking about when she said the company was waiting for state approval. I posted a letter from the company proving she was a 100 % correct. Your little insecure mind just can’t accept you were wrong.
Is this agent a family member? Why are you defending her so hard?

Why didn't she tell you that the company had already decided on a 15% rebate and was only waiting for the final details to be approved on the 19th?

It's obvious the decision had been made well BEFORE you asked her the question, because it took time to generate the letter and then the actual mail time to reach you on by the 22nd.

Your zealousness to defend an insurance agent who obviously didn't take the time to get the full answer for you is befuddling.

Old 04-23-2020, 04:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Finally got an e-mail with the details of what Erie Insurance was up to. You have to apply their formula to get an exact rebate. It is about 5% of this years annual premium.

Here is their text: Dear ERIE Customer,

"This pandemic has significantly impacted all of our lives. At Erie Insurance, we continue to consider what we can do to make a difference for our Customers and communities. Most of you aren’t driving; you’re staying at home doing the right thing to protect yourselves and your neighbors.

That’s why we’re announcing that we will provide $200 million in dividends directly to personal and commercial auto insurance Customers in our 12 states and the District of Columbia. This immediate relief represents about 30 percent of your monthly auto insurance premium for a two-month period or 5 percent of your annual premium.

You can calculate your dividend using this simple equation: Annual premium as of April 1, 2020, multiplied by .30 / divided by 6. You can find your annual premium on your most recent auto insurance declarations page. For personal auto insurance Customers, you can access your declarations page through your Online Account at View Policy Details."

Better than a sharp stick in the eye, but hardly life changing. Good advertising, I suppose. When you consider the big boys like State Farm, Progressive, and Gieco each spend a BILLION dollars a year on TV commercials, this is a drop in the bucket.
I got the same letter from Erie via email. Not a huge break--5% of the annual premium!
Our insurance companies are reaping a HUGE REWARD due to the Corona virus. Just as most of the other aspects of this virus situation, we can't do anything about it.

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan
Old 04-23-2020, 05:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

American Collectors Insurance is giving everyone with a yearly payment due in the next 30 days, 3 extra months to pay. Ill take them up on that

Old 04-23-2020, 06:14 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Is this agent a family member? Why are you defending her so hard?

Why didn't she tell you that the company had already decided on a 15% rebate and was only waiting for the final details to be approved on the 19th?

It's obvious the decision had been made well BEFORE you asked her the question, because it took time to generate the letter and then the actual mail time to reach you on by the 22nd.

Your zealousness to defend an insurance agent who obviously didn't take the time to get the full answer for you is befuddling.
When are you going to admit you were 100% wrong? All you do is deflect, deflect, deflect.
What you are saying Now has absolutely nothing to do with your original statement.
I’m getting quite amused watching you make a fool of yourself.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Still defending an agent who didn't answer your question.

Why?

Old 04-24-2020, 01:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You guys have spent the last couple pages arguing about something that's a side issue from the original topic. No one else is impressed, just knock it off and let the discussion get back on track.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2020, 05:42 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Still defending an agent who didn't answer your question.

Why?
She answered my question precisely the way she should have. Still denying you shot your mouth off as usual, and was completely wrong, WHY?

Old 04-24-2020, 07:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Stuart

Despite the decision to ignore you above, I will let this go.

Old 05-16-2020, 10:22 AM

mgarblik, I'm glad for your success.

Old 05-16-2020, 10:34 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm getting an $11.90 credit back to my credit card, better than nothing I suppose.

Old 05-16-2020, 02:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I got a $64 deposit in my checking from my Insurance company a couple of days ago.

Old 05-17-2020, 11:40 AM

We have Erie since we got our drivers license. 5% is a joke, however it’s 5% we didn’t have before. We also have our homeowners with them.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl