Old 11-25-2019, 12:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1972 Judge!!!

I always see folks with 72 convertible lemans and they will often swear that it's a GTO.
Here's a 1972 "Judge" lol.
https://southjersey.craigslist.org/c...010134589.html

I also have seen a 1968 GTO near me that is painted carousel red with the judge stripes and badges. I said "wow, I've never seen a judge with wing windows".
The owner said "yeah, they're rare." LOL

Old 11-25-2019, 08:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a 72 Lemans convertible and it has GTO on the title. All numbers match (frame, motor, body tag). The PHS documents tell it's not. Mot sure how the previous owner got that on the title.

Old 11-26-2019, 09:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs72lemans View Post
I have a 72 Lemans convertible and it has GTO on the title. All numbers match (frame, motor, body tag). The PHS documents tell it's not. Mot sure how the previous owner got that on the title.
Same here; I have a 71 Lemans that is titled "GTO".
Mine is a clone. The previous owner told me: 'When I got it, the title said "2 door Pontiac hardtop."
When he transferred the title to his name they asked him what model it was. He said "GTO" and they typed it in.
I thought they'd catch that when I transferred it to my name back in '93; but they didn't.