Old 11-06-2011, 01:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 72 455 HO Luxury Lemans?

DID it happen? Im on the trail of one and the guy says its an X-code car....he volunteered the info...never heard of one...

he also has a 3 speed stick 72 Lux Lemmy..on the floor with a console....strange cars....

both dirt cheap....

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 11-06-2011, 05:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I can take the HO and you can have the 3 on the floor, no problem

Old 11-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxjunk View Post
DID it happen? Im on the trail of one and the guy says its an X-code car....he volunteered the info...never heard of one...

he also has a 3 speed stick 72 Lux Lemmy..on the floor with a console....strange cars....

both dirt cheap....

Not according to my numbers...I'll call you

Old 11-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Some guys have all the luck.

Go get them!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 11-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

they are both Luxo cars....they both have skirts, i assume that only Luxos have skirts? He went on and on about how nice the skirts are and how hard they are to find...Im embarassed I know nothing about them...but they never interested me, unless they had rubber noses, i always just walked passed them....and to be honest the skirts just make me wanna puke..........but I am going to pursue them...I bought a 72 Lemans yesterday, I asked the old guy if he knew of any other Pontiacs and he gave me 5 leads...and the two LUXOs are just part....pays to be nosey..fur sure!..

one of the other is a 71 Judge rusty but complete in OKC....supposed to be an undiscovered car...how about it musclecollector...know of a pale green 3 speed Judge in your back yard?..not even sure if it real...ive ran down many cars and they where nothing they where supposed to be, but this guy was convincing....also 2 66 Tripower cars at the lake of the ozarks...

SO...i was on up til 2 dealing the Lemmy i bought...so I gots a pocket full of phone numbers to call....yeah...the guy gave me numbers...not just directions...or names...lol

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Last edited by marxjunk; 11-06-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

.........Could you just imagine a CC 455 HO 4 speed with SKIRTS....whatta sleeper......

The Goat whisperer

Old 11-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bogus car, no factory 455 HO Lux LeMans. will send you an email.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Got a nice 72 black dash in any of them?

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 11-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

no..sorry

The Goat whisperer

Old 11-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxjunk View Post
they are both Luxo cars....they both have skirts, i assume that only Luxos have skirts? He went on and on about how nice the skirts are and how hard they are to find...Im embarassed I know nothing about them...but they never interested me, unless they had rubber noses, i always just walked passed them....and to be honest the skirts just make me wanna puke..........but I am going to pursue them...I bought a 72 Lemans yesterday, I asked the old guy if he knew of any other Pontiacs and he gave me 5 leads...and the two LUXOs are just part....pays to be nosey..fur sure!..

one of the other is a 71 Judge rusty but complete in OKC....supposed to be an undiscovered car...how about it musclecollector...know of a pale green 3 speed Judge in your back yard?..not even sure if it real...ive ran down many cars and they where nothing they where supposed to be, but this guy was convincing....also 2 66 Tripower cars at the lake of the ozarks...

SO...i was on up til 2 dealing the Lemmy i bought...so I gots a pocket full of phone numbers to call....yeah...the guy gave me numbers...not just directions...or names...lol
the only green 71 judge i knew about around okc, i bought it around 12 years ago.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wondered if you got it...

Did you ever know of the canyon copper/sandlewood one in Norman?

Old 11-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't know if it was original or not, but I saw a 4-dr Lemans about 25 yrs ago that had a 455HO in it. I don't remember if it was a Luxury Lemans or a 4-dr sport, but I know what I saw.

The owner said he wanted a GTO, but his wife said he had to buy something with room for the family, so he special ordered a 4-dr with a 455HO.

He struck up a conversation with me because I was driving one of my early Trans Ams at the time. It had the round port heads and aluminum intake, along with all of the amenities it would need for a family, such as a/c.

This was mid-80s, and I know there were some wierd Lemans out there. I knew of a endura equipped wagon, and I parted a 72 Luxury Lemans in Sundance Orange with a white vinyl top, 400-4V, and loaded with rare options, including electric seat back locks. It was a 4-dr with buckets, tach, gauges, and 3.23 posi. It even had fender skirts.

I also saw a 72 Luxury Lemans 2-dr with a 455 auto with buckets, full instrumentation, posi, and fender skirts.

Mike

Old 11-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head View Post
Wondered if you got it...

Did you ever know of the canyon copper/sandlewood one in Norman?
wasnt that the one that steve ended up with???

Old 11-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

455HO engines were ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY not installed in any PRODUCTION, for sale to the public, Lux LeMans, 4-door LeMans nor wagons. PERIOD, END OF CONVERSATION.

D-port 455s - yes. HOs - nope.

Prove me wrong - show me the PHS invoice or build sheet, and the VIN . . .

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 11-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho-mike View Post
I parted a 72 Luxury Lemans in Sundance Orange with a white vinyl top, 400-4V, and loaded with rare options, including electric seat back locks. It was a 4-dr with buckets, tach, gauges, and 3.23 posi. It even had fender skirts.

I also saw a 72 Luxury Lemans 2-dr with a 455 auto with buckets, full instrumentation, posi, and fender skirts.

Mike
Mike - sorry but I must ask - why would that LLM 4 door have been equipped with seat back locks?

Old 11-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lloyd,

Sorry about the mistake. It was a 2-dr.

I actually parted two orange 72 Luxury Lemans a number of years ago. They were similarly equipped.

The seat back locks came out of the 72 2-dr with no title. I also discussed that car here:

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...ans+seat+locks

The orange 4-dr was not as heavily optioned as the 2-dr. It was 400-4V, 3.23 posi, and had pw, pdl, tilt, a/c, cruise, am/fm, buckets, power seats. It's been 20 yrs ago, but I don't think it had tach or gauges or sport steering wheel.

I've parted out way too many cars over the years.

I've always wondered what happened to the 4-dr with the HO motor. There was a very active Pontiac dealership in that area, which closed in the mid-70s. I bought a 70 T/A that had a Ram IV with a SR block a number of years ago. The motor was all correct, down to the carb number, and it had the 3.73 gears. I was able to buy it, and was thoroughly disappointed to find it was a Ram III. I ultimately traced the history back far enough to find the motor came out of another car that was totalled.

It's possible the owner of the 4-dr started with a 455 and swapped out the heads and intake, since that stuff was cheap back then. I think I saw this car around 1984.

Mike

Old 11-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lloyd people argue the 70 455 is a HO.....Because of the PHS

Old 11-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
Lloyd people argue the 70 455 is a HO.....Because of the PHS
No problemo, Mike.

No 1970 LeMans's were produced with the 455 "HO" engine anyway. GTOs (and GPs) only.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho-mike View Post
Lloyd,

Sorry about the mistake. It was a 2-dr.

I actually parted two orange 72 Luxury Lemans a number of years ago. They were similarly equipped.

The seat back locks came out of the 72 2-dr with no title. I also discussed that car here:

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...ans+seat+locks

The orange 4-dr was not as heavily optioned as the 2-dr. It was 400-4V, 3.23 posi, and had pw, pdl, tilt, a/c, cruise, am/fm, buckets, power seats. It's been 20 yrs ago, but I don't think it had tach or gauges or sport steering wheel.

I've parted out way too many cars over the years.

I've always wondered what happened to the 4-dr with the HO motor. There was a very active Pontiac dealership in that area, which closed in the mid-70s. I bought a 70 T/A that had a Ram IV with a SR block a number of years ago. The motor was all correct, down to the carb number, and it had the 3.73 gears. I was able to buy it, and was thoroughly disappointed to find it was a Ram III. I ultimately traced the history back far enough to find the motor came out of another car that was totalled.

It's possible the owner of the 4-dr started with a 455 and swapped out the heads and intake, since that stuff was cheap back then. I think I saw this car around 1984.

Mike
Just messin' with ya', Mike. I knew that you know better, LOL.

Would have been neat to see that loaded up L78 SO 4-door, though I can't STAND those fender skirts.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

No problem, Lloyd. I had a late night last night, so I decided to take a vacation day today.

I like orange cars, and I owned a couple of 71-72 GTOs and a 71 Formula in Sundance Orange. When I found the first orange heavily optioned 2-dr, I assumed it had to be a special order. Who in their right mind would order an orange car with a white vinyl top and fender skirts. Then a few years later, I was following up a lead on a car in an older mill-town in NC, and I saw the 4-dr orange with fender skirts on it. The car was really solid, but had a very bad lifter tick to it. It had a lot of good parts so I bought it and dismantled it. If I still had that car today, I would probably have made a driver out of it. Other than the lifter tick, the only thing really wrong with it was dull paint, cracked dash, and worn out tires.