Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 11-16-2019, 10:05 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69MaizBird View Post
I spoke to him in Colorado the weekend he won. He said it is 482 cubic inches. They didn't want to say anything about the head flow #s or modifications when I asked. And they didnt say a word about different heads.
They said they had plenty to work on with the car before needing to change anything significant In the motor or turbos. Seems the transmission and lock up stuff was the talking they where doing with other racers. Fireball was testing new rosler stuff if I remember right.
He was very humble.
Went and talked to Robin too and asked if he was ever going to run a Pontiac behind those turbos and he just smiled.
I have no idea what that means .....

Chiefs car as we know out ran everyone that weekend.
All the 481x guys included. All of em. Lutz and Larson had trouble even spooling the air was so bad.
What chief did here at altitude was impressive. I race here and I can tell you first hand Bandamier is a bitch. I cannot even fathom the idea of running turbo at this altitude with the handicap of Pontiac and racing heads up. Honest guys this was a special win for Pontiac.
We all make fun of them(street outlaws) here at the track when we are racing but there is more enthusiasm for our Pontiacs than ever before and I was proud as heck to tell him and everyone mine is powered by Pontiac and he was too.
I can tell you this too. He would have beaten Robin 8 of ten times that weekend. He was noticable faster and more consistent.
The black gto was just that much better. Lizzy and fireball were the only cars that turned in better mph for the weekend. Times were not flashed or announced but they would announce speed sometimes. Lizzy had top speed.
Thank You for your post... I love when Pontiac beat up 481x chevy pile..

Old 11-16-2019, 10:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Big Chief definitely has his combination figured out and he doesn't stop trying to improve. Making Pontiacs look good for sure

Old 11-17-2019, 03:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I spoke to him in Colorado the weekend he won. He said it is 482 cubic inches. They didn't want to say anything about the head flow #s or modifications when I asked. And they didnt say a word about different heads.
They said they had plenty to work on with the car before needing to change anything significant In the motor or turbos. Seems the transmission and lock up stuff was the talking they where doing with other racers. Fireball was testing new rosler stuff if I remember right.
He was very humble.
Went and talked to Robin too and asked if he was ever going to run a Pontiac behind those turbos and he just smiled.

All the 481x guys included. All of em. Lutz and Larson had trouble even spooling the air was so bad.
What chief did here at altitude was impressive. I race here and I can tell you first hand Bandamier is a bitch. I cannot even fathom the idea of running turbo at this altitude with the handicap of Pontiac and racing heads up. Honest guys this was a special win for Pontiac.
We all make fun of them(street outlaws) here at the track when we are racing but there is more enthusiasm for our Pontiacs than ever before and I was proud as heck to tell him and everyone mine is powered by Pontiac and he was too.
I can tell you this too. He would have beaten Robin 8 of ten times that weekend. He was noticable faster and more consistent.
The black gto was just that much better. Lizzy and fireball were the only cars that turned in better mph for the weekend. Times were not flashed or announced but they would announce speed sometimes. Fireball had top speed.
Justin is just a bad dude. A racers racer. And he drives a rod chucker, kicks @ss and takes names.
Glad he is on our side. He really does come off as humble and not full of himself. The expression "Living the Dream" was tailor made for him.

Old 11-17-2019, 10:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for sharing that. The tuner is as important, or in some cases more important, than the hardware.

Quote:
He was very humble.

The black gto was just that much better. Lizzy and fireball were the only cars that turned in better mph for the weekend. Times were not flashed or announced but they would announce speed sometimes. Fireball had top speed.

Old 11-17-2019, 10:18 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO Dan View Post
Thanks for sharing that. The tuner is as important, or in some cases more important, than the hardware.
So I guess Justin out tune them all...So even if Justin had a ohc 6 sprint everyone should just stay home...lol

Old 11-17-2019, 10:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I get a database error when trying to see the 2nd page of this thread?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
The Following User Says Thank You to johnta1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2019, 10:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Got a database error when Quick Reply. Don't know if it posted or not?

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 11-17-2019, 04:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Same here. Can't see the second page and just had an error trying to quote Johnta1

Old 11-17-2019, 04:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Conspiracy to keep the E head down?? Lol

Old 11-17-2019, 09:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
Reset your User Settings to delete Signatures, Etc ... from posts -
and you'll have this whole thread on one page , is how i run mine.

Chief J. to the fuggn front - follow the leader.
I don't care if he runs A, B, C, D or E heads - so long as he keeps slappin em around like fat ugly girlfriends .

Old 11-22-2019, 07:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We are a week behind up here in episodes. Great to see Chief win..but even better seeing him get air time..his commentary makes the show 10 times better.

466 Mike Voycey shortblock, 310cfm SD KRE heads, SD "OF 2.0 cam", torker 2
373 gears 3200 Continental Convertor
best et 10.679/127.5/1.533 60ft
308 gears best et 10.76/125.64/1.5471
Old 11-22-2019, 09:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
I'm not sure what the problem is, I can see the second page without a problem. I sent a message to the site administrator, hopefully he can figure it out.

Old 11-23-2019, 09:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm sure I won't see this, but still can't see page 2 of this thread.
I went to Stuart's profile because it showed he responded here.
In his Statistics, I found where he replied and also found that BVZ replied.
Can't see them of course.

Not sure if anyone else replied since 11/17 or so.

Here is what I see when I click on page 2:

Database error
The PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the forums.maxperformanceinc.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The forums.maxperformanceinc.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Old 11-23-2019, 09:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

After posting the previous Quick Reply (Post Reply gives error also) it came back with Database error also. I don't know if it went but Stuart sees it?

Old 12-04-2019, 04:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, one good thing with the recent database problem, it fixed this thread!