Old 11-29-2019, 02:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Cool. Sounds like you are close.
I think I would agree....radiator may tip back at the top a bit. My car sits lower at the back than at the front but I think that is how the assembly manual shows it. If I were to put my car on the ground then the radiator might appear to lean back slightly at the top. Right now, I have it up on jack stands because I am getting ready to start it up and run through the gears to make sure everything works before I take it out on the road.

Old 11-29-2019, 03:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I can't wait for the day that I have a road worthy car to take off the road

Here is a pic of the air cleaner/carb level compared to the valve covers. Some of the tilt of the air cleaner is to clear the hood slope, the rest is to compensate for the angle of the engine. Installed in the car, with the normal slightly down in the back posture of the GTO the air cleaner will be almost level with the hood in most cases. Since most people picture the engine in their head from the front'ish, and up high ... you don't notice how much the intake flange/carb/air cleaner is angled.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EngineTilt.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	525668  

Old 11-29-2019, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
I've got a spare 68 shroud ... but it's not pristine ... I've plastic welded two cracks......
Is it cleaned or forever-grimy?
How would it look when installed.
Loction of the cracks?

Old 11-30-2019, 06:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

HIS. I'll take some pics, it's very clean ..better finish that the one I'll end up using on my car. The one I'll be using was less cracked, but still cracked and is one of those shrouds that looks "fiberglasssy" even though it's OEM.

And considering the help you have given me over the years ... free but for the shipping.

Give me a day or so to post some photos.