Old 06-11-2009, 09:15 AM

Default '65 taillights and heater

The rear lights work except for blinkers and brake functions. However, where the ribbon wire connects to the rear harness (under the rear seat) everything seems to be working fine. Do I need a new rear harness or could I be missing a ground somewhere? With the heater, I have power at the switch in one terminal, same at the resistor. Could this be a ground issue also? What do you recommend I check next? Thanks...

Old 06-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If brake/turn are good at the body connector, check for power at the sockets, left yellow and right dark green. If you get power there, it's got to be a bad ground or just plain poor contact in the sockets. No power would mean there's a break in the harness somewhere.

Blower/fan motor is the final ground in that circuit. So if the motor's bad or not grounded
it dont matter where you have power the fan isn't going to work.

Need to get power on black with orange stripe wire at fan switch or resistor. Diagram shows both going from fan switch to motor, would have to be high speed if it's non A/C. Brown wire to switch is power in, the other wires are lower speeds through the resistor.
What your describing sounds like a broken connection in the resistor. Power to it but none coming out to power the fan motor. All speeds come back out on the same wire, the same black with orange stripe wire that's high speed at the switch.

Last edited by "QUICK-SILVER"; 06-11-2009 at 10:38 AM.