Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 09-07-2023, 01:24 PM
Senior Chief

Default Deluxe Upholstery fit on Standard seat frames?

Hi Everyone,

My 68 Firebird Convertible came with the Standard interior. I want to change it to the Deluxe upholstery. Are the seat frames the same? So it's just a matter of using the new Deluxe foams and upholstery on my Standard frames?

Thanks,

Old 09-12-2023, 06:47 PM

They are the same frames and springs, however the listing rods that attach to the springs and define the tucks in the covers, are sometimes in a different place for standard vs deluxe and you have to adjust/move them on the springs.

the way you would determine if it needs this (and if you have to do it, how you ID where they get moved to) is by temp installing the new buns and then see how the listing rods line up under the buns. If they line up, then you are good to go.
If they don't... then you need to remove the existing ones and fabricate up new ones and attach to the spring assembly corresponding to the location of the channels in the buns.

Last edited by rambow; 09-12-2023 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-12-2023, 07:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a new pair of ACC bucket seats back foams for deluxe interior, purchased from AMES if your interested. I bought the best quality AMES offered and had to buy the set and I only needed the bottoms. The foams I have are for a 69 Firebird w/ deluxe interior, not sure if the same as other models. Please PM if interested.