Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 09-15-2023, 05:07 PM
Senior Chief

Default Very poor customer service

Usually Ames is OK, but not this time.
I ordered a few items a few weeks ago. I received a call about which type of shipping I would like. I always choose US Postal Service because I’m in Canada, and they seem to handle customs duties and fees at the border the best.
The parcel and tracking was going OK, and I got the typical card in my mailbox telling me to pick it up at the local post office and pay the fees. When I got to the post office, the parcel could not be found. I went back three different days and each time the parcel cannot be found. Canada Post have lost it. I was given a claim number and told to contact the vendor and have them submit a claim and send a new package.

This is where Ames has dropped the ball, I have contacted Ames three different times over the past week and a half, and they still have not managed to file the claim with Canada post.
The first call I was told the guy who does that work was on vacation and will be back Monday. When I called on Tuesday, I was told he wasn’t coming back for another week, and the person I was talking to who I won’t name but I know her name now had the responsibility to contact the post office.
She would need to call Canada post as they’re the ones who lost it but she felt that she had to deal with US Postal Service instead, sometime over the past couple of days she found out from US PS that she would have to contact Canada post, and now she tells me that she is not allowed to make long-distance phone calls from her phone, so she emailed Canada post and is waiting for a response.

I have to wonder how they can phone me long distance and ask me how I want it shipped, but she can’t phone long distance to talk to Canada post about a lost package? I tried to escalate this to our boss, but he’s gone for the day, it’s Friday, so nothing will happen till at least Monday of next week.
I don’t understand how Rock auto can get me something in three days every time from anywhere in the United States, with no additional fees to me, and companies like Ames can’t make anything happen for three weeks.