Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thumbs down Zephyrhills Car Show and Swap Meet

Decided to go to Zephyrhills show today to see if Carlisle taking it over for the last two years made any difference. In my opinion, Absolutly NOT. Same stuff, a lot of antique home goods (sorry, I didn't go there to buy old iron frying pans, old glass bottles or dolls that cover your bathroom toilet paper rolls), some low end tool venders and "wow" some car parts. Very little Pontiac parts; maybe if you put them all together you would get them on one 2' x 6' table, if that. Mostly Ford , 55-57 Chevy and Mustang. Very disappointing for the Pontiac guy. About 60 cars for sale and the lot behind the auction garage was filling-up as well.

The Pypes trailer was there (I was told that the trailor "wintered down here" and that it never left the state from the Turkey Rod Run) and from here it appears it will be heading toward its home in Colorado (per the attendant).

I spoke to some of the venders, they had the usual complaints. More casual lookers and snow birds that are down here for the baseball and hockey seasons. A nice touch that Carlisle made this year is that they now have multiple shuttles to take the participants back to their vehicles. When leaving, most folks were empty handed (without purchases). Sumtner's fall Fest is the weekend before this show and most of the venders also partake there, as well.

From two venders, I heard an interesting comment that this show was going to move to the Lakeland area next year to draw more attendees and be near I-4. I asked about that at the Carlisle Customer Service booth near the auction house and they did not confirm that. I guess time will tell.

Last time I am going Zephyrhills!!

Old 02-20-2014, 11:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ziggy: I went to the earlier Z-hills event, first one after Carlisle took over. Were it not for the aforementioned golf cart shuttle I'd say nothing has changed. It's like a bad garage sale.
Not going back either.

Jim

65 Catalina sedan. Allen Thomas Performance 495. KRE Heads at 310cfm ported by SD Performance, ProSystems Dominator carb on ported Victor intake, P-Dude custom grind hydraulic roller, MSD ignition, 3.50 Moser/Ford rear. F-Glass front bumper by son Rob, rear by the old man and joint effort for trunk lid. 3950# w/driver. Best of 9.5761/139 on 175 shot, 6.01 /114 in 1/8.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

glad I read this! Down here in Sarasota for couple days and thought about a driving up to Zephyr Hills.......not now! Had my share of bad car shows.

Thanks for the heads up

Jw