Old 07-19-2002, 12:05 PM
Senior Chief

Last year I purchased my 67 Firebird from my friend's father who had brought it down to FL from Chicago. He purchased it in 1991, and only garaged it, never registering the car or switching titles. When I purchased the car he basically handed me the previous 1991 owner's title with that guy's name on it and Chicago address. I looked at the title and realized the guy had a LONG Greek name- 'Nick Koutsodimas.' So i said to myself, "hmmmmn..this sounds familiar. Wait a second that's my mom's maiden name!!!! Come to think of it I had heard that one of mom's cousins had moved to Chicago in the early 1970's and they never spoke again."

I called my mom, and she told me her cousin's first name was Nick! See, the last name 'Koutsodimas is not a very common name in America, and is actually a rare name in Greece as well!
Well, using the name and address we tracked down this guy Nick and sure enough he was my mom's first cousin...we all got together here in Florida one weekend and he gave me a rundown on the car and motor work that he had done on it including details behind the seitch pitch transmission that nobody knew how to work correctly. He sure enjoyed taking the car for another drive after 10 years.

Needless to say this 67 Firebird Convertible has drawn two families that were basically alone here in the U.S.(everyone else is in Greece) closer together! -Chris [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2002, 12:05 PM
Senior Chief

Last year I purchased my 67 Firebird from my friend's father who had brought it down to FL from Chicago. He purchased it in 1991, and only garaged it, never registering the car or switching titles. When I purchased the car he basically handed me the previous 1991 owner's title with that guy's name on it and Chicago address. I looked at the title and realized the guy had a LONG Greek name- 'Nick Koutsodimas.' So i said to myself, "hmmmmn..this sounds familiar. Wait a second that's my mom's maiden name!!!! Come to think of it I had heard that one of mom's cousins had moved to Chicago in the early 1970's and they never spoke again."

I called my mom, and she told me her cousin's first name was Nick! See, the last name 'Koutsodimas is not a very common name in America, and is actually a rare name in Greece as well!
Well, using the name and address we tracked down this guy Nick and sure enough he was my mom's first cousin...we all got together here in Florida one weekend and he gave me a rundown on the car and motor work that he had done on it including details behind the seitch pitch transmission that nobody knew how to work correctly. He sure enjoyed taking the car for another drive after 10 years.

Needless to say this 67 Firebird Convertible has drawn two families that were basically alone here in the U.S.(everyone else is in Greece) closer together! -Chris [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2002, 04:24 PM
Senior Chief

Now that's a great Pontiac story!

'06 GTO, '68 LeMans project, bikes, etc.
Old 07-22-2002, 01:10 PM

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts !!!!!!!

1967 GTO Convertible Tyrol Blue
1967 GTO Hardtop- Fathom Blue
"Got Pontiac"
Old 08-05-2002, 12:23 AM
Senior Chief

That is a great story! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy

Old 08-05-2002, 06:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Cool Chris!

You're good at bringing things together, the family, that Fish and Gator...