Old 07-28-2007, 02:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default lost in the smoke

years ago i had built up a 71 ta.30 over trw pistons,218-230,455-465 crane cam,hooker headers,true 2.5 duals,wide muncie,3.31 12 bolt posi,lr 50x15 on ralleyII rims.now for the story.
between softball games one saturday darin and i stopped at the local B-K rootbeer stand for a snack.a few neat cars show at times but this was pretty early in the afternoon for any good stuff.as we were finishing our floats a 78 i think corvette pulled out to leave.he kind of looked us over as they pulled out and did a baby burnout.darin and i just looked at each other and laughed.darin was brought up on 55-57 chevies,with one of his dad's cars running 11's.anyway we finished our drinks and pulled out of the lot nice and quite just heading back to the park for the next game.about 100 yards down the road at a used car dealer was the vett parked with the guys out looking at used cars.i couldn't pass this up,so i told darin lets show them what a real burn out is.we were doing 15-20,i pushed in the clutch rev it to about 4500 and dumped it.all you heard were screaming tires,after the revs climbed back up i slammed it into 2nd,held it for a few seconds then let off and shifted into 4th.at this time we were only doing about 25-30 as we got no traction at all during this.
now for the really funny part.as we are slowly driving away 3 police cruisers come flying out of the chevy dealer just a little farther down the road .2 go past us and 1 cuts off on a y fork in the road.all that is left behind us is 2 real nice black marks,a cloud that looks like a funnycar burn out,and 2 guys with thier mouths hanging open.
that is one of my best memories of that car.one of the reasons i'll always have at least one pontiac sitting around.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

Cool--great story.