Old 01-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default '64 GTO

In early September of 1963 I had just turned 16, loved cars and loved Pontiacs. My dad was the parts manager for the local Pontiac/Cadillac dealership and had been since 1946 and all we ever had was a Pontiac. A year earlier he had bought me a well worn '59 Catalina, 2 door sedan, 2 barrel, auto that I loved but on that September day I fell in love with another type of cat. Dad called me at school, left a message for me to come to the shop when I got out, when I arrived I laid my eyes on the first GTO that I had ever seen. I knew they were coming out with it but this was the first one at this dealership. I was speechless. Years before I had ridden in a 1957 Bonneville convertible with fuel injection, don't think I even knew what that was but I did ride in one, I know now! Anyway back to the GTO, my Dad said let's take it for a spin. We melted the tires off that car, he drove first and he was worse than me, every time he would stop he would smoke the tires. When I drove I was more carefull but I was able to lay the rubber down too. We took it back and parked it on the showroom floor, brake and tire smoke smell filled the whole room, I'll never forget that day. Just wanted to share that with you Pontiac people and by the way I just bought a '65 2+2, I plan on smoking those tires too. Sorry for the length of this, hope you enjoy!

Old 01-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

THOSE WERE THE DAYS

Old 01-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Right back on the showroom floor, stinking of burnt rubber... I love it!