Old 02-04-2002, 01:02 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Okay I'm breaking the rules and I'll risk getting banned , but I want the Lobby back.

I want to pass on info on cars for sale, where do I post?

I want to ask advice on buying a car, where do I go?

I found two RAIV 400s for sale, how do I find out what to offer or am I getting screwed? (this one is real, well at least I have a phone number)

My wife wants to have triplets at 46; Do I skip town in the T/A or hope the lottery hits? Who needs a boarding guest?

I miss shooting the bull with my poncho buds - AAARRRGGGHHHHHHH!

Chris, can we please, please, please have the lobby back? Pretty please?

Here's what I propose. If we feel a topic is going down the toilet, then we should email Chris and STOP REPLYING! No crushing replies or hack and slash retorts. Get Chris in right away to deal with what we feel is not proper for PY. Or just post that the content has become inappropriate.

If we want the Lobby back, we have to support Chris and be ready to:

Do not react to obvious attacks.

Try to be a bit civil in arguments (i.e. eff you you slime sucking SOB your momma was a ...) is not an acceptable reply. Try to remember that we aren't Usenet flamers but part of a group of Pontiac owners that spans more than just the US.

Try to keep the topics within a parsec or so of what normal people would think is proper.

And the big point. If you really want to cyber fight, take it t email. Invite whoever you want and go for it. Hey, even I enjoy a flamefest every now and then if the opponents are extremely skilled.
[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

If you feel someone is crossing the boundary, email them and tell them how you feel, maybe they will stop. If not....

If you want the Lobby back, "I promise to be good" won't cut it any more. We have to police ourselves if we want a slounging area available.

When I get tired of work, I like to crack a beer and cruise PY. Sometimes I'm not interested in tech and the Lobby is a fun place to talk to people who don't think I'm a nut because ponchos are always on my mind.

I want the Lobby but others may not feel that way. Maybe they got ripped good there in the past and don't want to come back. To those people I say let's try one more time. How am I going to find out how Bruce's EFI project is coming along or why Ken left PY? Maybe it's time to judge when you feel strongly on a subject is it appropriate for a public forum or would a direct email be more appropriate. Put everyone on PY on the distribution if you like but keep it out of the public domain.

Due to the current constaints that we have placed ourselves in, I think it would be an excellent example to NOT REPLY to this post but pass your feelings on to Chris by email. Maybe that will let Chris know we are serious about wanting the Lobby back. And if you don't want the Lobby back, let Chris know. He runs the board and it's his choice.

Dave

Old 02-04-2002, 01:02 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Okay I'm breaking the rules and I'll risk getting banned , but I want the Lobby back.

I want to pass on info on cars for sale, where do I post?

I want to ask advice on buying a car, where do I go?

I found two RAIV 400s for sale, how do I find out what to offer or am I getting screwed? (this one is real, well at least I have a phone number)

My wife wants to have triplets at 46; Do I skip town in the T/A or hope the lottery hits? Who needs a boarding guest?

I miss shooting the bull with my poncho buds - AAARRRGGGHHHHHHH!

Chris, can we please, please, please have the lobby back? Pretty please?

Here's what I propose. If we feel a topic is going down the toilet, then we should email Chris and STOP REPLYING! No crushing replies or hack and slash retorts. Get Chris in right away to deal with what we feel is not proper for PY. Or just post that the content has become inappropriate.

If we want the Lobby back, we have to support Chris and be ready to:

Do not react to obvious attacks.

Try to be a bit civil in arguments (i.e. eff you you slime sucking SOB your momma was a ...) is not an acceptable reply. Try to remember that we aren't Usenet flamers but part of a group of Pontiac owners that spans more than just the US.

Try to keep the topics within a parsec or so of what normal people would think is proper.

And the big point. If you really want to cyber fight, take it t email. Invite whoever you want and go for it. Hey, even I enjoy a flamefest every now and then if the opponents are extremely skilled.
[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

If you feel someone is crossing the boundary, email them and tell them how you feel, maybe they will stop. If not....

If you want the Lobby back, "I promise to be good" won't cut it any more. We have to police ourselves if we want a slounging area available.

When I get tired of work, I like to crack a beer and cruise PY. Sometimes I'm not interested in tech and the Lobby is a fun place to talk to people who don't think I'm a nut because ponchos are always on my mind.

I want the Lobby but others may not feel that way. Maybe they got ripped good there in the past and don't want to come back. To those people I say let's try one more time. How am I going to find out how Bruce's EFI project is coming along or why Ken left PY? Maybe it's time to judge when you feel strongly on a subject is it appropriate for a public forum or would a direct email be more appropriate. Put everyone on PY on the distribution if you like but keep it out of the public domain.

Due to the current constaints that we have placed ourselves in, I think it would be an excellent example to NOT REPLY to this post but pass your feelings on to Chris by email. Maybe that will let Chris know we are serious about wanting the Lobby back. And if you don't want the Lobby back, let Chris know. He runs the board and it's his choice.

Dave

Old 02-04-2002, 09:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I most strenuously agree Dave!

But "parsec"??? Come on.

How about it Chris?

SECOND AMENDMENT: AMERICA'S ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY!
Old 02-04-2002, 12:05 PM

I agree!! Could we please have our lobby back? I am in Florida for a while. My temporary e-mail address is JerrybrockWg@aol.com.
Jerry

Old 02-04-2002, 01:30 PM

This whole thing reminds me of 2nd grade, when a few "bad apples" spoil everthing for the whole class. Enough said.

Old 02-04-2002, 02:55 PM
Administrator

I beat you guys to it. I was planning on re-opening the Lobby this a.m. all along. Please read the intro and my topic I started. Have fun but lets use some good judgement. And if you are not sure what I consider good judgement....don't post. E-mail first.

Old 02-04-2002, 04:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I should have waited one more day. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Dave