Old 04-21-2021, 02:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A bit of historical information on the dealer presentation albums:

The first one I have seen Pontiac related is Pontiac's "parent" Oakland from 1920.

The first one printed for Pontiac was in 1927 (I have documentation proving there was no 1926).

A number of different albums of different types and sizes from 1 to 3 per year were printed through 1942.

The only dealer albums published in the years 1946 through 1949 were the small facts book. At least these are all that I have seen.

The 1958 combined "album" was not a binder. Don't know exactly what to call it.

In 1965, Pontiac sold "economy" albums which were the pages only to dealers, who were told to throw away the previous year pages, and insert the new pages in the old binders. This practice also was continued in 1966. All three years (1964, 1965, and 1966) used the same red binders. This is why 1964 and 1965 binders are more difficult than some other years.

Jon

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.