WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 Exterior Tech

04-06 Exterior Tech SAP stuff, styling, hoods, and spoilers oh my!

Old 07-21-2005, 11:44 AM

Does anybody know if the 05 optional body kit will fit on an 04 GTO? If so, is it bolt-on or are mods needed?
Old 07-21-2005, 08:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jeffnel:
Does anybody know if the 05 optional body kit will fit on an 04 GTO? If so, is it bolt-on or are mods needed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dump the 04, get an 05 if that's your thing. 05s will be a bargain soon just like the 04s. I've seen 2 05s on lots here that have been sitting for months. You'd be better off biting the bullet on your 04 and getting a good deal on "real" 05 rather than trying to fake it by dumpin $ into a rapidly depreciating 04. Get a black or silver one w/o the spoiler...These cars look like beach balls in the brighter colors.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ignore.../\/\/\

No difference between and 04 and 05 so should be directly a bolt-on. I'd check ls1gto.com for specifis to which kit you are talking about as there is the SAP, Autocross and 05 "stock" changes from 04 that you may be referring to.

SAP and Autocross may be the same actually...
Old 07-23-2005, 06:43 AM

Any body part off an 05 will fit an 04. (hood, bumper covers ect.) You will have to modify your rear exhaust if you get an 05 bumper cover, though. P.S. just ignor anything red70goat says about your car. It WILL be negative.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by steve kepecs:
P.S. just ignor anything red70goat says about your car. It WILL be negative. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not bagging on his 04, just offering a dose of truth :05s will soon be at bargain prices just like the 04. If he really wants an 05 then why not get one when the prices have bottomed?...probably even more so when GM offers the GTO in a 6 to compete with the stang / high gas prices.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Senior Chief

You're crackin' me up, especially with that 6 thing.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff R.:
You're crackin' me up, especially with that 6 thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't laugh too hard. Do you really think Beavis and Lutzhead wouldn't do that? I didn't say GM would replace it with a 6, just offer it as an option. My point was it sounds rather expensive to put an 05 body kit on an 04 and would probably de-value an already rapidly depreciating car. 05s will be a bargain soon and it may be a better move to purchase an 05 rather than outfit an 04 as an 05. There are plenty of pre-pubescent tuner types that would love to get an 04 and stick a big wing with a fart can exhaust on it. It should be relativaly easy to unload an 04 and pick up an 05 at a reasonable price.