Old 11-10-2019, 03:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGTO View Post
1) Called SPC today, there was no significant production setback, a small one, but orders were still going out. Definitely NOT the six week backlog Mark told me. SPC drop ships to the customer for SC&C they do not have record of my shipping info. It doesn't look like they were ordered yet.
2) Called Hellwig and sway bar # 55703 is available and Summit has it in stock I could have it in 3 days. Been over two weeks since Mark said it "shipped" still no tracking number or bar.
3) Called Chassiworks, shocks are on the shelf. Can either order through CW or SC&C.
4) Called Howe, the ball joints are special made for SC&C, I don't have a part number to give them and since they are made for Mark I can't buy them. I would likely have to use another Howe set or use the ones that come with the SPC arms.

Below is the last email from Mark, hasn't returned my last two emails asking for a tracking number. Emailed him this morning and left a message on his phone. I will dispute the charges and get the order refunded. I always want to give the benefit of doubt to someone in this business, I feel I am usually patient and understanding, but this is BS and furthermore, lies. If I am wrong on all of this somehow then SC&C should work on communicating with their customers. If the orders were never placed yet then customer's are providing cash flow for other customers. I've seen this happen before in business.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019, 1:13 PM Sales scandc <sales@scandc.com> wrote:

Hi Ken,

So sorry for the long lead time, we`re working on it! Your sway bar has shipped, we`ll send tracking. The shocks were on back order for weeks but they just started shipping out back orders on them yesterday. Yours should be going out early next week. SPC parts are 80%, we`re just waiting on them to finish a batch of our lower A arms with the Howe ball joints installed. They had a big computer melt down (nasty virus?) about 2 months ago that shut their manufacturing facility in CO down for almost 6 weeks. They`ve been back up and running at 125% for a few weeks now but they`re still lagging a bit behind on some of the short run specialty parts. We just sent them more Howe ball joints for the lowers, they should have them done next week. Let us know if you would you like us to ship the rest of the SPC parts in the mean time or ship it all together when the LCAs are done?

--
Thanks, Mark Savitske
Savitske Classic & Custom
610-381-6100
Smells like someone is making excuses to cover up a cash flow problem....

Old 09-04-2020, 04:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I apparently missed this thread. Add me to the list of people waiting for no reason.

Great knowledgeable guy on the phone. No response after billing my card and waiting 2 monthes. 5 calls and 6 emails with no response.

Old 09-07-2020, 02:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrt View Post
I apparently missed this thread. Add me to the list of people waiting for no reason.

Great knowledgeable guy on the phone. No response after billing my card and waiting 2 monthes. 5 calls and 6 emails with no response.
I had to stay on him, yes very friendly and knowledgeable but really needs to work on the ability to get parts out, especially when they are already paid for. I know that he told me this spring he was shut down for a while (non-essential business) and maybe some delays are attributed to the other manufacturers being behind like many others. ...but, you have to set expectations with your customers now more than ever.

6.0 cert. Fiat bodied altered blown alcohol Pontiac IAII-Sold
Old 09-07-2020, 05:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I appreciate that everyone needs to make a living, but I looked at his site a few years back didn't really see anything that compelled me to buy from him. It's not like everything he sells is a proprietary design with secret spring rates and sway bar tuning.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Great salesperson (and evidently engineer), but follow-through and consideration for your customers is as important. I really wanted to support him, but after a 3hr call with him to discuss suspension where I couldn't get a word in, decided to consider other options. Could only take so many stories about who he's developed products with and putting down competitors.

Needs to reconsider his business model.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400