THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-20-2017, 01:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Should be a "hell" of a lot of fun!

Old 02-20-2017, 09:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator67 View Post
You'll get more seat time if you drive it back and forth between Mesa to San Diego
I have the Road Warrior (2012 Dodge Caravan) for that trip. I will take the Hellcat at least once after the 1500 mile break in has been reached. Dodge recommends specific use during that time frame and setting the cruise at 2000 rpm for hours isn't in that recommendation.
Neither is driving it like you stole it.

My trips will soon be cut in half. My employer now has several offices in AZ. At the end of last year, they purchased NXP. Biggest semiconductor acquisition in history I believe. I will be working in one of those offices every other week. And I have been convinced to go direct.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmygoat View Post
Welcome to the club! Got mine as a 50th birthday present to myself in 2015. Don't put too much faith in that traction control, its setup to be very hands-off - and you can still get plenty sideways, especially in the rain.
How in the hell have you not put a number 43 on that door?

Old 03-20-2021, 10:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So I did end up making a few mods to the Hellcat over the last couple of years. The GTO engine is going slow, but progress is still being made.
The mods on the Hellcat are....

Demon 2.7L supercharger. 3" upper griptech. ATI standard lower. Snout CNC'd by Jokerz Performance for the 105mm VMP throttle body.
Fore staged dual fuel pumps and rails with #10 PTFE supply lines with #8 return. Aeromotive boost referenced regulator and ID1300x injectors. Setup for E85.
BES CNC ported cylinder heads. Stainless Works 2" long tube headers and complete 3" exhaust system. Spintech chambered mufflers.
OST Dyno Demon Plus cam, springs, ti retainers, pushrods and VVT limiter.
180 degree thermostat, reprogrammed fans, Forced Inductions Interchiller, Ron Davis Hellcat radiator.
Cometic MLX head gaskets, ARP head studs, Legmaker carbon Fiber intake.
Demon torque converter, CCI driveshaft, 3.09 differential, Per4mance Developement DIRS differential brace, KW adjustable springs, BMR spherical bearing sway bar end links.
AAD Performance billet adjustable inner/outer rear control arms and training arms, AAD Performance billet adjustable upper control arms in front.
Currently being remotely tuned by OST Dyno.
Custom offset wheels, 11" wide rear & 10.5" wide front. Nitto 315/35X20 NT-05R rear and 285/35X20 NT-01 front tires.

And the result? 858 RWHP & 786 ft lbs torque.
On 18# of boost.

Old 03-20-2021, 11:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Is it more enjoyable to drive? I’ve thought about modding my wife’s 2015 Charger Hellcat but the car doesn’t hook up as it is. I don’t know that I could use an extra 150 HP. They sure are fun to drive!

Old 03-21-2021, 12:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It all depends. Its still kicks the tires loose like a stocker, but will even do so at 80 MPH on the freeway if you feed the throttle in to quickly. I'm currently on standard Nitto NT-05's, and as soon as the remote tuning is complete I will switch the rear tires out for a set of 'R's.
But I don't expect it to be a whole lot better in the traction department.

I am looking into a Davis Technologies traction control box. A remote tuner I spoke with said they work pretty well.

Old 03-21-2021, 12:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It’s nice but Bitter sweet, saw another thread guy has a zl1 and now a hell cat both are bad ass both are very cool but it’s people who would have bought a T/A if GM didn’t blow! Hopefully it’s not showing the future or lack of future for the Pontiac classics. Lord knows there won’t be any new ones.

And as for the Camaro based T/A why the hell do they take a car based on a 69 and make it into a 78 or 79 t/a. Keeps me from buying one, I’ve thought about it and just can’t bring myself to do a Camaro. I’d probably go hellcat or mustang first. My dad raced a d500 -1 convertible and a 69 mustang so my roots are just as much there as Pontiac. No chevys in the family though. Congrats on the purchase It is a sick car though have some friends w hell cats great time for new cars and that’s a great choice of car and color,

Just Sad Pontiac is missing the new power wars though. .

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!

Last edited by turbo69bird; 03-21-2021 at 12:41 AM.
Old 03-21-2021, 01:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom McQueen View Post
So I did end up making a few mods to the Hellcat over the last couple of years. The GTO engine is going slow, but progress is still being made.
The mods on the Hellcat are....

Demon 2.7L supercharger. 3" upper griptech. ATI standard lower. Snout CNC'd by Jokerz Performance for the 105mm VMP throttle body.
Fore staged dual fuel pumps and rails with #10 PTFE supply lines with #8 return. Aeromotive boost referenced regulator and ID1300x injectors. Setup for E85.
BES CNC ported cylinder heads. Stainless Works 2" long tube headers and complete 3" exhaust system. Spintech chambered mufflers.
OST Dyno Demon Plus cam, springs, ti retainers, pushrods and VVT limiter.
180 degree thermostat, reprogrammed fans, Forced Inductions Interchiller, Ron Davis Hellcat radiator.
Cometic MLX head gaskets, ARP head studs, Legmaker carbon Fiber intake.
Demon torque converter, CCI driveshaft, 3.09 differential, Per4mance Developement DIRS differential brace, KW adjustable springs, BMR spherical bearing sway bar end links.
AAD Performance billet adjustable inner/outer rear control arms and training arms, AAD Performance billet adjustable upper control arms in front.
Currently being remotely tuned by OST Dyno.
Custom offset wheels, 11" wide rear & 10.5" wide front. Nitto 315/35X20 NT-05R rear and 285/35X20 NT-01 front tires.

And the result? 858 RWHP & 786 ft lbs torque.
On 18# of boost.
Nice job Tom.
Have you had any mechanical problems with the vehicle,seeing that you bought it 4 yrs. ago?

Old 03-21-2021, 11:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

None so far. But, this is a limited use car and after 4 years has under 5000 miles on it.
Just an old mans toy.

There are long stretches when I am unable to drive due to some medical issues.

The plan is to sell the Hellcat, likely late this year or early next year. And then fund finishing the GTO.
I believe the only custom parts remaining to complete the longblock are rocker arms for the Warp 6 heads.
The bare castings might already be at T&D, but if not they should be soon.

Last edited by Tom McQueen; 03-21-2021 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-21-2021, 11:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Very sweet cars both of them Dodge still makes a t/a all is not lost. My son bought a ZL1, 1LE 2020 last summer bad azz car wish PMD was still around to have a version of it.

Old 03-21-2021, 01:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very cool! Must be insane power. Can you floor it any any speed? Lol!

Old 03-21-2021, 10:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchmitz View Post
Very cool! Must be insane power. Can you floor it any any speed? Lol!
Only if you want to loop the car.