Old 09-05-2016, 11:05 AM

Yea that 73 on ebay is not what he is looking for, its too much work. He wants a driver.
Thanks!

Old 09-18-2016, 01:53 PM

Here are two more that I have come across:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/5783035433.html

https://martinsburg.craigslist.org/cto/5776069470.html

Old 09-18-2016, 03:07 PM

Hi, thanks for the info. My buddy already tried to buy both of these cars.
The black one is on ebay and the seller wants the auction to run its course before he decides to sell outside of ebay.
The silver car is supposed to be spoken for but the car has not actually sold yet. My buddy is supposed to be first in line if the deal falls through.
Both are real nice cars and im hoping my friends gets one of them
Thanks

Old 09-18-2016, 05:01 PM
Suspended

The silver car I would ask for some more pics of the car that are of it in the last day or two. It say the car has working & cold A/C but in the pic the A/C is cut & there is no belt on the compressor. I would be a bit Leary of a car that says it's all there & working but in the pics it has parts missing off the engine so it's not what it appears to be. Both car do seem to be nice but the black one also say it has new EFI stuff ?? Why no pics of that on the engine so you can see whats been changed. Also the black one has the A.C cut on it to so the A/C doesn't work or even if it can work because of how long it's been cut & open?? As always , go to look at the cars in person when your buying ANY car unless it's just a POS parts car. The description doesn't seem to match either of those cars. GO & look at them 1st. Just to know what your buying. Also if you look at the black one it has a badly cracked dash right where they all seem to go right in the middle. That in itself will probably cost you at least another $ 700.00 to $ 800.00 for a good dash. One last item the sliver car says investment quality & I just can't believe that statement with a car that has burnt out lamps when it should be all correct. The front park lamp on the left side is burnt out.

Last edited by rexs73gto; 09-18-2016 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-18-2016, 05:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

well, at least they're consistent....with the air cleaner decals!

Silver car also says 4 wheel disc?

Old 09-23-2016, 06:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172352020674

Old 09-24-2016, 02:45 AM
Suspended

The car looks good but needs paint & some interior work to go for that price. Plus the air has to work if he/she expects to get top dollar for it. Plus it needs a good cleaning under the hood too.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:52 PM
Suspended

I'm going to go look at the blue 73 on Wed. at 2pm. He has another 73 that will go with this one as a parts car to. Both for 1 price. I just hope this one is in good shape as he said it was restored by a past owner in MS in 2001.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:29 PM

From the pics and description of the blue 73 on ebay, I personally feel that a starting price of 17k is too high. However I was not aware of an additional 73 that goes with it and that is not mentioned in the ebay ad.
My buddy is going to look at a 73 today that looks promising and he has his eye on another if the one today is not right for him.
Hopefully he will have one soon and have a little time to drive it before the snow fly's!

Old 09-29-2016, 01:52 AM
Suspended

I went to look at the blue one today & it belongs to a guy I know & I knew he had the other parts car one , but didn't know about this one. But I have to say I did have to tell him in a very nice way that the car in the pic is not anywhere near the asking price & needs a lot of work. The rear 1/4's are full of bondo/glass & the trunk floor is filled in with fiberglass to & you can't see any of the indents that should be there for support. The interior is fair at best. In the pic you can see the back seat is wrinkled ,, & thats because the foam is falling apart. The dash panel where the radio goes is badly cut up. The dash is cracked in several spots. The front seats have been recovered with some kind of leatherette material & it stands out badly. It has Grand Lemans tail lamps on it which are ok but wrong. The A/C has parts missing. The rear window molding is put in with clear silicone as it was leaking & they guy who redid the car couldn't get it to stop leaking, plus the roof at the louvered window area has bondo in it that wasn't feathered out & you can see where the roof & 1/4 panel meet, badly. The rear wheel wells have so much glass on them the wheel well trim cam't be put on so they are missing on the rear but on in the front. The inner door panels are scratched up badly & the upper door panels are bad to. It appears as the past owner was a very heavy smoker & the upper panels are , well you can tell it was smoked in a lot. The engine had been rebuilt & it ran good but the starter when you went to start would grind some. Maybe starter shims would fix that ?? The car was originally a lite green color & it is now blue of course but the paint was done in enamel & it's faded with a lot of spots in it from stones & other items hitting it while driving it. There are a bunch of other things wrong with it but if you were going to look at it you would see them to. I did tell him I wasn't trying to run the car down . but just being very honest about the price on the car & told him that with the car in this condition was only worth about 5K & that there are several right now for sale at that price. He wasn't upset but he was looking at it with a lot of emotion & not at the way it truly is. To him the car was perfect & should be worth the 17.3K. When we got done talking though he did se the faults he had been overlooking & kinda knew that the 17.3 wasn't the correct price but said he wouldn't sell it that low. He will have it FOR A LONG TIME. Please remember this is not to put the car down as it could be restored & done right but it would take about his price to do it or more. I wish him the best but the car is worth only in the 4-5K range.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:32 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexs73gto View Post
I went to look at the blue one today & it belongs to a guy I know & I knew he had the other parts car one , but didn't know about this one. But I have to say I did have to tell him in a very nice way that the car in the pic is not anywhere near the asking price & needs a lot of work. The rear 1/4's are full of bondo/glass & the trunk floor is filled in with fiberglass to & you can't see any of the indents that should be there for support. The interior is fair at best. In the pic you can see the back seat is wrinkled ,, & thats because the foam is falling apart. The dash panel where the radio goes is badly cut up. The dash is cracked in several spots. The front seats have been recovered with some kind of leatherette material & it stands out badly. It has Grand Lemans tail lamps on it which are ok but wrong. The A/C has parts missing. The rear window molding is put in with clear silicone as it was leaking & they guy who redid the car couldn't get it to stop leaking, plus the roof at the louvered window area has bondo in it that wasn't feathered out & you can see where the roof & 1/4 panel meet, badly. The rear wheel wells have so much glass on them the wheel well trim cam't be put on so they are missing on the rear but on in the front. The inner door panels are scratched up badly & the upper door panels are bad to. It appears as the past owner was a very heavy smoker & the upper panels are , well you can tell it was smoked in a lot. The engine had been rebuilt & it ran good but the starter when you went to start would grind some. Maybe starter shims would fix that ?? The car was originally a lite green color & it is now blue of course but the paint was done in enamel & it's faded with a lot of spots in it from stones & other items hitting it while driving it. There are a bunch of other things wrong with it but if you were going to look at it you would see them to. I did tell him I wasn't trying to run the car down . but just being very honest about the price on the car & told him that with the car in this condition was only worth about 5K & that there are several right now for sale at that price. He wasn't upset but he was looking at it with a lot of emotion & not at the way it truly is. To him the car was perfect & should be worth the 17.3K. When we got done talking though he did se the faults he had been overlooking & kinda knew that the 17.3 wasn't the correct price but said he wouldn't sell it that low. He will have it FOR A LONG TIME. Please remember this is not to put the car down as it could be restored & done right but it would take about his price to do it or more. I wish him the best but the car is worth only in the 4-5K range.
Good info. Based on your description, I'd say the value is considerably south of $4-5k...

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
Old 09-29-2016, 04:37 PM
Suspended

No, the car looks ok but the 5K price is a good price for it as it runs good & drives good , but needs the body work taken care of at some point but would be a great driver. The guy is really in love with this car & wouldn't sell it for that price, he convinced that it's great & is worth the 17.3 K price because it's rare. I did tell him rear doesn't always mean high price.

Old 10-08-2016, 02:27 PM

My buddy bought a 69 GTO. He couldn't find a 73 that he liked.
Thanks for all the help.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

good deal!

Old 10-10-2016, 01:22 AM
Suspended

I truly think he would have liked the 73 better even though the parts for the 73 would have been a bit harder to find , the car would have rode lots better & handled SOOOOO much better to, plus after all every one has a 69 & the 73 would have been different. Better IMO.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I had one helluva time finding a nice '73 when I bought mine in 2009. Most of them on the market are overpriced perfumed pigs!

1977 Trans Am, 400/M21 Black/Gold Bandit. 44K actual miles

2017 Sierra SLT 1500 Z71 4X4

2019 Canyon SLT Crew 4X4

Old 10-25-2016, 09:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If he is still in the game for a 73 my dad just looked at a very clean 73 GTO in Dayton, OH. Guy buys and sells old Pontiacs and my dad stops in every so often to see what he has. All original, 400 runs/drives/stops good. Color is a beige/gold color. All original #'s matching I believe. He was asking 10k. I can get contact info if you want.

Old 11-03-2016, 01:21 PM

sent pm