Old 07-09-2020, 02:02 AM

Default Aftermarket belt line mouldings 65 GTO

I did a lot of searching to try and find some reviews of these before I purchased and had them shipped. Overall the finish is consistent with the original anodized finish, but the fit where it counts is terrible and I'm really disappointed that Ames would recommend these. I asked before ordering if any had been sent back due to poor quality and they said only two sets for issues not related to fit.

Anyways, don't wast your money, even for a driver I think you would be better off with a good used set, the improper fit between door and quarter really stands out.

Hopefully this will save someone else the hassle of ordering and then having to return.

If anyone has any restored originals for sale please PM me, thank you!.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AabayMIYT1OHxG8hWsC5ZA.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	544578   Click image for larger version

Name:	+o5MWDDGTh+1Xi42lEvveA.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	544579  

Old 07-09-2020, 09:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Take no offense but those are horrible. I've always wondered why they would go through all the trouble of making tooling wrong. Would cost the same to make it right.

Old 07-09-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB VIDAN View Post
Take no offense but those are horrible. I've always wondered why they would go through all the trouble of making tooling wrong. Would cost the same to make it right.

Thanks Bob, none taken, they are terrible!