SOLD Parts The parts in here have already been sold. The topics will be kept for a few months for reference.

Old 07-04-2020, 09:05 PM
Boost Engineer

The Magnesium Intakes did have a darker color and were lighter vs the aluminum pieces.

Both intakes should weight the same if both aluminum.
If the dark finish one is lighter on a simple balance beam scale then it is made from magnesium. If both the same on the weight then both aluminum or magnesium but most likely one might be lighter.

A simple 1/2 wooden dowel, steel rod or metal tube with a pivot point in the center of a 3 foot length and a intake hanging on each end will tell the story immediately.

Tom V.

Stuart can you shrink he picture down a bit, please.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Catalog

If anyone is interested, I have a 1988 Warrior catalog. Free for the asking. LMK

Old 07-05-2020, 06:55 PM
Senior Chief

Default For Sale Warrior Tunnel Ram Intake Manifold

Tom V, it’s about 120* in the upstairs so I only grabbed a quick pic and didn’t take a scale up there. Today I took a bathroom scale of questionable accuracy up there and the Nash is ~7.5# lighter. The semi hidden nitrous lines on my S-K don’t add much weight so i guess it’s prob magnesium. Magnesium is 34% lighter by volume than aluminum so the general math works out; 17.5# vs 25#.

Last edited by younggto; 07-05-2020 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:54 AM
Boost Engineer

Just goes to show, Mr Nash would not lie to me.

You have a very good NASH intake intake, which I have seen make good power on the smaller engines. Probably would still drive great on the larger engines if you kept the rpm a bit lower and let the stroke do the work with the 660 or larger carbs.
Be careful around a fire with the thing.

The 850 CFM #4223 carbs are identical to the 660 carbs but larger. I will post about the #4223 carbs today in the Holley Carb Sticky thread.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 07-06-2020 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-07-2020, 03:10 PM
Senior Chief

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...44#post6158744

Old 07-07-2020, 07:26 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac rodder View Post
If you posted this about comments in ads, you might want to re-read the ad from its beginning.

The manifold was sold right off the bat - to me. Seller has been paid and manifold arrives tomorrow.

Everything that followed the sale was detailed info about the manifold, their manufacturers, their compositions, and basically an historical look at the manifolds and their performance potential based on what others in the past have said and what current users have said.

I as the purchaser, did much of the follow up questions following the sale agreement between me and the seller. None of the posts were inflamatory, or offensive to either seller or me.

I see no offense if comments support general knowledge about the product, have historical significance, support additional photos or photo requests, or include the performance and use of the product as intended either by past materials or experiences or present experiences by others.

Your link was not needed.

The Following User Says Thank You to PontiacJim1959 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2020, 08:21 PM
Senior Chief

Ah but was needed It should have been mark sold and a new thread about the intake in race or street section this section is to sell parts not talk about them after the sale.